corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2.0 16v turbo conversion Corsa b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 16v turbo conversion Corsa b
joeglow

User status: Offline
15th May 14 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know their are plenty of threads on this already, I have read the majority of them.

Basically I want to know how much it would cost to pay someone to source me a good 2.0 16v engine and fit it to a corsa b sport. I havent been on this website in awhile but I do remember that Beardy and Lee Mitchell do or did these conversions. Just looking some information and prices on roughly how much it would cost to change the sport engine over to a 2.0 16v turbo engine and have it sitting ready to go.

All information greatly appreciated
sxibeast

15th May 14 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say for a good 2ltr turbo you would be looking at a fair few quid (£1k?).

But you could just get a donor car and strip for parts like i did (i bought a rusted out Calibra Turbo for my engine for £1.1k, stripped it and made some cash back on parts). If i was to do it now, i'd probably SAAB it......
joeglow

16th May 14 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say Saab it, do you mean you would put in a 2.0t Aero engine (207 bhp)? Never heard of that conversion, would take alot more work to get it all running would it not?
joeglow

16th May 14 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone got a corsa b C20LET running over 330 bhp? Just wondering if it was a big job to reach these power gains.
f.p.e

16th May 14 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Set of steel rods and engine is good for circa 400bhp on std pistons with a decent gasket. Then choice of ex manifold, turbo and of want more towards 400bhp standalone ecu. Cheaper t04es will see good power for there cost
Nic Barnes

16th May 14 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could run 400bhp on std internals.
f.p.e

17th May 14 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldnt like too chance it though.
Nic Barnes

18th May 14 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why? What do you know of that goes?
f.p.e

18th May 14 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just wouldnt risk 80-100k mile + rods even if had arps in.
joeglow

19th May 14 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im even more tempted on having 350bhp+ from the Corsa when I get the engine. But diffently steel rods and uprated internals.

New Poll