corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Wedding photos cost...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wedding photos cost...
Cavey

User status: Offline
19th Mar 14 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, slightly weird one, but here goes...

Obviously quite a few on here work as photographers, I need a photographer for a couple of hours on our wedding day, we've got a videographer for the entire day, so only want someone to take the generic "set" photos for literally 2 hours, BUT I wanted control of the photos after they were taken. Although I'm more than happy with buying stuff from a photographer, prints, canvas etc... I want to be able to mess around with them and edit them myself...

What sort of price would you guys charge for something like that?
Matt L

20th Mar 14 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Entirely depends if you get a decent amateur whos just starting to build a portfolio then that would be a lot cheaper than a seasoned pro.

buying a disk of images is normally silly expensive as obviously once you have it the photographer has no way of making more money off you

iirc I charged £200 or 300 for the 2 weddings I did a few years ago, they ended up being full days with discs but they were also the first and only weddings I did.

[Edited on 20-03-2014 by Matt L]
Cavey

21st Mar 14 at 06:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asked on talk photography and got a mixed response, half of them saying its a wedding, even if its just 2 hours work on the day it will cost full price, as a photographer is unlikely to get more work that day, and half of them being sensible saying they'd treat it as corporate photography and charge £4-500 or so for the 2 or 3 hours work, which is what iI was expecting.

The missus is paying though, so she agreed to £800 from an acquaintance of ours who we've used before. Tbf, he is very good, but very expensive. All the quotes I got from the free listings were around 3-500 as well, so I'm a bit miffed, but she'll be happy with it anyway

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by Cavey]
whitter45

21st Mar 14 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ours cost 550 from 10am to first dance

Included rights to pics and in the end got 365 pics and also the images done in B&W

For me look at examples of their work - the reason we went for our choice is the pics were extremely natural i.e he just blended into the background and snapped away

obviously had the standard family pics etc but the rest really captured the day

Our album cost more the photographer

unless you know the guy you will never get unedited versions or the raws

it will JPEGS of edited photos but you have the rights to the photo

This is who we used

http://www.baphotographysthelens.com/

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by whitter45]

[Edited on 21-03-2014 by whitter45]
Ben G

29th Mar 14 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother charges 1200 quid for a full day but that includes edits and such.
Seany

30th Mar 14 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just used a family friend for ours last weekend. Costing us 200 to be paid when we get the photos.
that included from church all the way to last dance. Also a wedding book and a drive filled with all the photos.
I know thats very cheap but its a friend doing us a favour.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Wedding photos cost... 24 database queries in 0.0114181 seconds