corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1996 BMW E36 328i Sport - PRICE DROPPED

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1996 BMW E36 328i Sport - PRICE DROPPED
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
14th Jan 14 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - BMW
Model - 328i Sport
Engine - 2.8 24v straight 6
Mileage - 89000
Price - £3000 or offers

Location - Northamptonshire
Contact email address - robin.marriott@yahoo.co.uk

General information -

I'm selling my E36 as I have decided to buy something different, again...

I bought it in May 2013 with the intention of using it as a second car and occasional track car but my wife and I both prefer FWD so it has to go.

I chose this particular car first and foremost as it was Alpine White and secondly because it's an early, non traction control car which means one important thing, it has a factory fitted LSD.

It currently has tax and MOT but I need to check when they are both due for renewal.

Since I've owned it it's had A LOT of work done as things kept going wrong. Now there's very little 18 year old bits left on the car so everything is now in tip top condition.

Obviously it's not perfect, it's getting on a bit and the bodywork shows this in a couple of places. There's a small spot of bubbling on the passenger door, the passenger front wheel arch has a small rust spot on it and the passenger side rear arch also needs minor attention. It is, however, in a lot better condition than a lot of other E36s out there, the boot floor is mint, there's not a spot of rust in the engine bay and I've had the carpet out of the back of the car (and the seats) and there's no rust there either. There's a little scuff on the front bumper but that's it, nothing else is wrong. It has M3 GT corner splitter in the pictures but one got damaged on my driveway so they have been removed.

The sunroof still works properly, as do all the other electrics. It's got a JVC bluetooth head unit fitted.

As I said, it's had a lot of work done to it, some upgrades along the way and a lot of general maintainence work, it's easier for me to list everything;

Brand new LUK clutch kit and flywheel
New Pagid clutch slave cylinder
HEL braided clutch hose with CDV removal
Z3M short shift
Big brake upgrade with brand new Pagid 330CI 325mm discs
New Pagid front pads
2 x new Pagid front calipers
2 x new genuine BMW brake shields
New ATE ABS sensors on the front
2 x SNR front wheel bearings
2 x new Lemforder track rods
2 x new Lemforder track rod ends
2 x new Pagid rear calipers
New Pagid rear pads
New Pagid rear discs
2 x SNR rear wheel bearings
New Pagid handbrake shoes
New handbrake cables
New ATE ABS sensors on the rear
Goodridge braided front brake hoses
New DOT 5.1 brake fluid
Brand new HSD Dualtech coilovers with adjustable front top mounts
Z3 rear suspension spreader plates
10mm H&R wheel spacers on the front
K&N panel filter
Brand new tyres (see below)

I've probably forgotten bits but as you can see, it's had pretty much everything replaced!

I've also fitted some uprated Philips headlight bulbs as the standard ones were shocking, dip, main and the fogs have all been done.

It's recently had an oil service with Shell Helix Ultra oil and a Bosch oil filter.

All of the mechanical work has been carried out by CS Motors in Northampton.

The geometry was set up by JAM-Sport in Northampton and a power run was done at the same time. It's running quite a lot of camber as it was set up for track days, it feels solid on the track and no matter how hard you try, it just grips and grips.

It's currently got the 5 spoke Z3 wheels on it with 225/45 17 and 245/40 17 Uniroyal Rainsport 2s which have been on the car for about 500 miles.

It's a great car and I'm sure I have everything covered in this advert but if there are any questions, feel free to ask them.

The following pictures are how the car looked when I bought it, it no longer has these wheels on, the rear lights have been changed for amber indicator ones as it left the factory with them and the suspension has been changed but they show the conditon of the car!

Finally, a few pics of some of the bits I've fitted along the way.

I'm after £3000 ono for it, I've spent a huge amount of money on the car with all the parts, labour and so on and I have a spreadsheet which totals everything up to over seven grand!

Thanks

[Edited on 01-03-2014 by Robin]

[Edited on 02-03-2014 by Robin]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1996 BMW E36 328i Sport - PRICE DROPPED 25 database queries in 0.0074780 seconds