corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Fitting a Hanging Rail

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting a Hanging Rail
James

User status: Offline
10th Jan 14 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a cupboard in my spare bedroom that is basically built into the walls. It's not a proper wardrobe but it does have double doors. Inside it's just painted walls, with no rails or anything.

I want to fit a hanging rail to hang clothes on. This would be straightforward if the walls were parallel like this:

|-----------------------------|

But one of the walls is at an angle like this:

/-----------------------------|

Does anyone know if there is some kind of bracket available to handle mounting a rail at an angle on one end?

Thanks,
James
_Allan_

10th Jan 14 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or you could use a block of wood and match the angle of the wall on the side.
___
/__|----------------------------|

You would obviously have to ensure the block is solid to the brick / stud or you'll be redoing the ironing

[Edited on 10-01-2014 by _Allan_]
RichR
Premium Member

10th Jan 14 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd make a spacer out of timber (as suggested) or a poly block and mount with longer fixings.
James

10th Jan 14 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I had considered that and after a bit of quick research I think that's what I'll have to do.

I'll dig out my studfinder this week and have a look.

New Poll