corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football thread - sponsored by newcomer breaking the rules and the FA Cup

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend football thread - sponsored by newcomer breaking the rules and the FA Cup
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
9th Jan 14 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A fair few years being shit will be good for you anyway. How do you get any kind of joy from winning things when its expected?

YES we won the league...err...again...like i expected...
Robbo

9th Jan 14 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
problem being with the above, it'll cost you about £200m for players that are world class
FFP limits them to maximum net outgoign of about £80m IIRC over the enxt 2 years
mwg

9th Jan 14 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because like anything else in life it's a good feeling knowing that you (or in this case your team) is better than everyone else at something
Robbo

9th Jan 14 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Only conceding 6 is decent

my mate was laughing at us conceding 6. I had to remind him that arsenal also conceded 6. Fucking idiot he is.
5 of which came from individual mistakes, as oppsoed to our players being cowardly inept useless mongs, im afraid.
JonnyJ

9th Jan 14 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
because like anything else in life it's a good feeling knowing that you (or in this case your team) is better than everyone else at something

Is it really that good though? I imagine it to be like getting £20 for your birthday when you're already a millionaire.

I dont see what joy you can possibly get from winning all the time? Like anything in life the good times are always better if you have had to go through a rough patch. If you get everything given to you on a plate, you never appreciate anything.

I always remember seeing a United fan "celebrate" winning a league title by clenching his fist and going "get in there". That was it Thats my reaction when York pull one goal back with 5 minutes to go at 4-0 down
mwg

9th Jan 14 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's more joy winning all the time than there is playing horrendously and losing I don't even enjoy watching us now regardless of the winning or losing aspect we aren't nice to watch
Robbo

9th Jan 14 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you very rarely ever have been...
mwg

9th Jan 14 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've played a lot of nice to watch quality attacking football over the years previously
Marc

9th Jan 14 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
you very rarely ever have been...

Better to watch than Chelsea, Liverpool, City and the like. Plus, you are just an exhibition team like the Harlem Globe Trotters.
Robbo

9th Jan 14 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say City of PL winnign season and this season are better to watch than any fergie team tbh
Eck
Premium Member

9th Jan 14 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

City are the best team to watch in an attacking sense in the PL. At home anyway They move so quickly from back to front and have a ridiculous wealth of talent for scoring.
Edit: imo. I know oRbbo or Ben J will have an unbiased opinion about another team

[Edited on 09-01-2014 by Eck]
Cavey

9th Jan 14 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool have been good to watch at home this season too, not on city's level though
Marc

9th Jan 14 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd say City of PL winnign season and this season are better to watch than any fergie team tbh

8-2 was a good game.
mwg

9th Jan 14 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Probably but to say we have very rarely ever been nice to watch is wide of the mark
Conway563

9th Jan 14 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
quote:
3rd round

Quite happy with that, means you have a game midweek before travelling to us on Saturday

Cup run to try and balance the books before we get relegated

Hopefully not. Torquay and Accy hopefully

I'd be surprised if we can avoid it this year tbh
Lot of fans seem to be turning against the club since the financial report was released

Will probably get a load of loanees in January that will give us a couple of good results before they get recalled by their clubs and we go shit again
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jan 14 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moyes nominated manager of the month

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2536525/What-difference-week-makes-Moyes-nominated-December-manager-month.html
Russ

9th Jan 14 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
3rd round

Quite happy with that, means you have a game midweek before travelling to us on Saturday

Cup run to try and balance the books before we get relegated

Hopefully not. Torquay and Accy hopefully

I'd be surprised if we can avoid it this year tbh
Lot of fans seem to be turning against the club since the financial report was released

Will probably get a load of loanees in January that will give us a couple of good results before they get recalled by their clubs and we go shit again

we loaned Mccarey to York as they were short of a keeper, they never won any of the games that he played in

<<  7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football thread - sponsored by newcomer breaking the rules and the FA Cup 24 database queries in 0.0197508 seconds