corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1998 White 1.2 8v merit to x16xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1998 White 1.2 8v merit to x16xe
williamcorsa

User status: Offline
28th Dec 13 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys i've been on here awhile. I was a regular member on allcorsa.co.uk. I had a 98 white corsa that was a project, however due to the amount of tin worm i called it a day and scrapped her. However browsing gumtree i saw a lad selling his unfinished project, I saw he had an irmscher splitter on it and though he might sell it so went to see him and fell in love with the car lol. No rot anywhere on it. It had surface rust in places but no rot. I made him an offer on it and he accepted. The car previously had a 2.0 8v engine which was removed for another project of his so that left me needing to get it recovered. I collected it the next day. This is a few pictures of my old car.

The car had alot of extras that came with it including an irmscher splitter, depos, hid lights, strut brace, 2.0 brakes, mk4 astra alloys, uprated shocks and springs, steinmetz skirts, genuine kamei grill, Mhw rear lights. I set to work stripping the car in order for new parts. I took the rear shocks and springs off and rear bumper and fitted my irmscher rear airdam. I then used a flap disc and removed and surface rust from underneith and treated it with zinc primer then brushed on some hammerite no1 rust beater. I run out of hammerite so i need to get some more however when its all painted in the hammerite i plan to underseal and waxoil the whole car. This is pics of the car when i first got it.

This is progress pictures from today.

Plans for the car are:

finish painting on the hammerite.
Underseal and wax oil
Spray bumper tops, arches and skirts gloss black.
Fit cupra splitter.
Get rear axle powder coated gloss black.
Get fuel tank powder coated silver.
Paint exhaust heat shields silver.
Fit poly bushes all round.
Semi smooth boot.
Gloss black bad boy bonnet.
Fit x16xe engine with red roose motorsport hoses.
Spray engine bay.

More plan to follow whenever i've though everything through lol.

[Edited on 28-12-2013 by williamcorsa]

[Edited on 28-12-2013 by williamcorsa]
williamcorsa

28th Dec 13 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry guys just noticed the MASSIVE pictures lol. Resizing them now.
Christopher

28th Dec 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The old one looked great! Shame about the rot! Look forward to what you do with this buddy! Love white b's
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully this will turn out even better than the old one, looking forward to updates!
ArdenblueDan

30th Dec 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good buddy liking the look of the new shell what engine will you be putting in?
williamcorsa

30th Dec 13 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments guys, Will be putting an x16xe into it. Loom arrived today, Thanks Jed D . Got the rear axle off today ready for powder coating aswell as the engine loom that was in it previously for the 2.0 8v and the exhaust got took off and dumped lol. I'll post pictures of the progress tomarrow as its very dark now lol.
williamcorsa

30th Dec 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, got my loom for the 1.6 today was just wondering what this plug is for? Its at the part where the ecu plugs in. Ive circled it red.

williamcorsa

31st Dec 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After ringing around a few companies for powder coating my back axle i was getting stupid quotes lowest being £130, no chance I'm paying that. I've decided to just paint it myself. I wire wheeled and flap disked as much of the rust on it back as possible, then gave it two coats of hammerite no 1 rust beater. Tomorrow i will decide whether to spray it or paint it with a brush gloss black. I also finished the passenger side rear arch today with hammerite. Then it got dark so had to stop.

Kieran
Premium Member

31st Dec 13 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me £130! Mine cost me £40
williamcorsa

1st Jan 14 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ridiculous prices here mate lol. Decided to brush the axle with gloss black paint. Didn't actually turn out too bad at all to be honest. Keep it protected for a while. Just waiting on my new polysport bush to arrive and get it fitted. Tomarrow i will take out the fuel tank in preparation for the underseal. While its out i may aswell paint it silver along with the exhaust shields =D

[Edited on 01-01-2014 by williamcorsa]
Jed D

1st Jan 14 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by williamcorsa
, Thanks Jed D .

no probs matey
chassis looks nice and solid on this. keep up the good work
Christopher

1st Jan 14 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate
williamcorsa

14th Jan 14 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum has kindly agreed to retrim my interior at work =D Black leather with white piping.

Start of it.

williamcorsa

17th Jan 14 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Met up with Flame off here and bought braided brake lines front and rear and shock absorber poly bushes, Bargain lol cheers mate Also thanks for the jump start lol
williamcorsa

21st Jan 14 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got more done today.

Fuel tank out:

Also got my semi smooth boot on:

Fitted my polyrace bushes to my rear shocks:

And finally finished retrimming the drivers side seat:

Then gave my daily some loving,Washed with AG shampoo conditioner using the 2 bucket method with a lambswool mitt then clay bared using warm water and some AG shampoo as lube then washed again then Mopped with meguires ultimate compound to remove swirl marks. then waxed with g3 super resin wax the arches and plastic exterior parts where dressed with AG bumper and trim gel:

flybikeslee

21st Jan 14 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that drivers seat
williamcorsa

21st Jan 14 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats up with it?
Joey 1.6 sport

21st Jan 14 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All baggy looks like a seat cover ?
williamcorsa

21st Jan 14 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considering it was a first attempt at anything like this, its fine. I don't have thousands to spend on getting my interior retrimmed so i work with what i have. Its certainly alot better than what was in it originally. Whoever doesn't like what i'm doing knows where to go. I put this thread up to try to give people some inspiration and to help people do similar things I'm doing, not to show off.
garyuth

27th Jan 14 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any updates mate
flybikeslee

5th Feb 14 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seat looks like a binbag. Fair play for the enthusiasm. no ones saying spend thousands. i don't like it but i don't know 'where to go'

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 1998 White 1.2 8v merit to x16xe 24 database queries in 0.0161519 seconds