corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Gsxr 1000 bodied c20xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gsxr 1000 bodied c20xe
darragh792

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I have had the car roughly about 3 years now and its seen two or three engines, It was resprayed 2 years ago and has had the xe in it for about a year here are a few pics of the car throughout the years:

When I bought it:

Shortly after it was painted:

The c20xe was fitted around october 2012 and was a massive upgrade from the 2.0 8v that i had fitted previous to it, which i also had a lot of bother with went through two 20seh's whereas the c20xe has been faultless.

It was RR'd at 177bhp and 168lb/ft

Few pictures from a track day in april 2013:

Heres a few pictures of it at drag day in october 2013:

Fastest time of the day was a 14.289

The spec of the car as it sits,

Engine:
c20xe fully rebuilt
ARP rod bolts
SBD type c with 2.5 inch system

Brakes:
CompB4 4 pot calipers
Compbrake bells with 295mm rotors
Refurbed rear axle
Braided lines

Chassis:
Polybushed throughout
Whiteline RARB
Gaz Ghas

Plans are to run Gsxr 1000 bodies from a 2001 bike on ms3x, will be running it with a bogg bros manifold and DanST engineering 90mm trumpet kit.

I have the bodies and I'm in the middle of refurbishing them so will get some pics up soon

Thanks for looking I will keep yous updated
Christopher

3rd Dec 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soooo glad to see this! I saw this a couple of years back when it was first painted and then i read somewhere you had a little bump with the wall and then never saw anything again? absolutely loved it when you smoothed it all buddy! Looks good as it is now too!
Jamie-C

3rd Dec 13 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks familiar in the grey, was that from West belfast at a time?
darragh792

4th Dec 13 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
Soooo glad to see this! I saw this a couple of years back when it was first painted and then i read somewhere you had a little bump with the wall and then never saw anything again? absolutely loved it when you smoothed it all buddy! Looks good as it is now too!

Its been on and off the road a few times since then for various reasons, yeah i did think that was around november 2011 thats why i painted the wheels gold as i had to get a new wheel and never liked them! so got some comps Glad to see someone recognized it!
darragh792

4th Dec 13 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Looks familiar in the grey, was that from West belfast at a time?

Got it from Dungannon roundabout, think i got the hose kit from you at some point
P1NKY

4th Dec 13 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks awesome!
gazza808

4th Dec 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see someone else using ms,

ive done a few ms1 and ms2 installs,

picked myself up a ms3x when stateside last week yet to play with it!

you going coil on plug etc? as its piss easy with the expansion card and loom on the ms3x!
make sure you wire in the launch control! i love it!
darragh792

4th Dec 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update today! My manifold came in the post earlier, so took the chance to mock up the injection setup.

Here some pictures:

After some research I decided that to get the manifold made 90mm long including flange, on the Jenvey website they state that system length and of intake system and revs the engine will be run at are inversely proportional.

System required according to Jenvey is 450mm from trumpet to valve face

Got mine to 360mm with tapered throttle bodies so hopefully its pretty close to ideal the butterfly is also 200mm from the valve face.

darragh792

4th Dec 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1NKY
Looks awesome!

Thanks mate
darragh792

4th Dec 13 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
nice to see someone else using ms,

ive done a few ms1 and ms2 installs,

picked myself up a ms3x when stateside last week yet to play with it!

you going coil on plug etc? as its piss easy with the expansion card and loom on the ms3x!
make sure you wire in the launch control! i love it!

The megasquirt really stood out to me due to the features its really a good piece of kit, what where you running the MS on? I was planing to run semi sequential injection with wasted spark initially as i have the dis coil am i right in thinking that this isn't ideal for Launch control?

I'm in two minds what to do as magnecors cost more than COPs lol, will you be be running yours fully sequential?

[Edited on 04-12-2013 by darragh792]
gazza808

4th Dec 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've run it personally on ms1 extra on a c20xe, in quite a few guises, turbo/itb etc,
Installed and got running a mates c20xe on bodies running ms2 extra,

Also done 2 106's.

Regarding ignition, I ran a ecotec coil pack before on wanted spark, had launch on this fine also.

With the ms3x, I'll be running Toyota Yaris (irc) coil on plugs , because it's so easy to run them using the top plug, just one wire from that to each, 12v, and ground.

And they're cheap for a set and the sparks so much better,
And tbh I think they look sweeeeet!
I'll be running them in wasted spark still, unless I decide to wire in the cam sensor as I cut the lot off on my last head.

Does your ecu need two looms? Like two or the big plugs?

Good thing with the ms3x alot of the extra are already on the boards on the top loom, so easy to wire in and mostly software changes.

[Edited on 04-12-2013 by gazza808]
darragh792

4th Dec 13 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've done quite a few then, that's promissing you hear so many horror stories must just be bad installs!

Yeah I had a look for them earlier on found someone running them with Busa bodies running them and there good value too, I was messing about on tunerstudio and was looking at the rev limiter options it said spark cut didn't work with gm dis.

Yeah there is two looms and so many features as well its future proof! Do you try the mapping yourself?
gazza808

4th Dec 13 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, alot of people fail at life assembling the actual ecu, or cut corners on the loom,

Buy you self some new connectors from www.polevolt.co.uk might be .com and do a proper job of it,

Ah the not working with gm dis probably means the distributor on gm v8 engines or such like, I'll crank up some old maps see what I was running as it was a few years ago now.

I did have ago, I made my self a set of det cans, boosted it was alot easier than when bodied to make it feel fast lol! but I was way out of my depth lol! So settled at getting it driving and got a professional to do it!
darragh792

4th Dec 13 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought it assembled as I didn't want to take the risk, I bought it from extra efi and Phil was really helpful.

I'll have a look and price up all the connections, initially I'm going to solder it to see if its working! would love to get a look at some c20xe maps I caby seem to find any online,

By any chance did you turbo an xe and run a charge cooler? I can remember reading a thread like that a few years ago? Yeah I'm gonna get it as best I can then leave it in to get mapped properly
Kieran
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey 177 for a almost standard engine is good going!
darragh792

5th Dec 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran
Blimey 177 for a almost standard engine is good going!

Yeah was really happy with the power it put out

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Gsxr 1000 bodied c20xe 24 database queries in 0.0199800 seconds