corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Carpet fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carpet fitting

User status: Offline
29th Oct 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone fitted one ? is it as simple as it looks ?
Chris C

6th Nov 13 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a fitter, why not just pay someone to do it right first time ? How big is the room ?

6th Nov 13 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its only 1.85 x 4 meters and not much cutting as room is pretty straight, mainly thinking is it easy to get it to grip to the grippers ?
Chris C

6th Nov 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A fitter shouldn't charge any more than £30 minimum charge...

To get it to hold on the gripper you're going to need a kicker, unsure if you can hire them but they are around £90 to buy.

Just weigh up is it worth the grief of trying the do it yourself plus hiring/buying a kicker or give a fitter £30 and have it fitted in about 45 mins depending on if it needs underlaying etc.

6th Nov 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv already put the underlay down and stapled it in place, do I need to tape between the joins ? also have a knee kicker so that isn't a problem
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Online
6th Nov 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ok. Buy some fitting tools and a decent knife and look on YouTube.

I paid a fitter to do the lounge, stairs and landing etc here. I did the bedrooms and have fitted carpets for friends. Took a while to fit but looked good afterwards.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dannymccann

6th Nov 13 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how handy you are I guess, me, I would rather pay someone £30ish to do it.

I really wanted to tile my kitchen floor but the hassle it would've caused had it gone wrong it was worth the £200 I paid a pro to do both the kitchen and cloakroom. It also took 1/5th of the time it would've taken me, and it's done properly

New Poll