corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Next Gen Poll

Poll: Next Gen Poll
next gen lol - PC 4 (6.56%)
Xbox One at launch/soon 6 (9.84%)
PS4 at launch/soon 13 (21.31%)
Xbox one after price drop 9 (14.75%)
PS4 after price drop 18 (29.51%)
will decide in future when theres games 11 (18.03%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Next Gen Poll
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Oct 13 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Another question.. If I preordered with COD. Would it be the preorder edition of COD? i.e. With the bonus map?
I would think so, but can't actually find any info on a COD bundle. Where have you seen it?

Errr I kind of haven't, I'm just making wild assumptions here mate
Balling
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In that case, I don't think there actually is a COD bundle. Might be mistaken.

Of course, if you order them separately you should get the pre-order edition.

Gary
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by XSIHardy
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Ps4 when new metal gear solid is out.

This game graphically will blow my mind, although I'm a little bit worried about the gameplay, to me mgs should be a railed game and not open world, it keeps the story more intense in my opinion.

I do like that aboutr the MGS games. I was put off PW buy the missions but i think proper open world would work well as long as it's still railed to a degree
A2H GO

28th Oct 13 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have definately gone PS4 if it had backwards compatibility as would have like to play all the PS3 exclusives I've missed out on. As it stands though might aswell stick to XBox.
Balling
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I'd have definately gone PS4 if it had backwards compatibility as would have like to play all the PS3 exclusives I've missed out on. As it stands though might aswell stick to XBox.
Sony have always been good at re-releasing older exclusives on newer platforms.

Can't see them not releasing KZ1-3, Uncharted 1-3, inFamous 1-2 etc on PS4.
Doing an "HD version" will also not be as cumbersome as previously as they'll basically only have to up the resolution to 1080p and maybe edit a few textures to make a game look fresh. Seems like too easy an earning for them not to do it.

There's also the collaboration with Gaikai to consider. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but everything points to PS3 games being made available by streaming service. At some point...

[Edited on 28-10-2013 by Balling]

A2H GO

28th Oct 13 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll be wanting full wack for them if they do that though, whereas I'd just be wanting to borrow them from mates or buy them for a fiver from the local exchange shop.

Are they not 1080p anyway? I thought most PS3/Xbox games were 1080p, like COD? Also, are PS4/XB one not 4K then?

Shows how much I know.
Balling
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
They'll be wanting full wack for them if they do that though, whereas I'd just be wanting to borrow them from mates or buy them for a fiver from the local exchange shop.

Are they not 1080p anyway? I thought most PS3/Xbox games were 1080p, like COD? Also, are PS4/XB one not 4K then?
They'll not be full price, compared to PS4 games. Currently, PS2 games are around 20-25% of the price of a PS3 game.
But not as cheap as borrowing them, of course.

That said, PS2 games are often free with PS+ membership, and seeing as that's mandatory for online play, I wouldn't be surprised if, in time, we'll see a few PS3 games added as free-to-play.

A lot of current gen games are not even 720p!
Next gen will be mostly 1080p... on the PS4 at least...

There's not really any chance we'll see 4K games on PS4 or XBOne. Maybe something like Angry Birds, yes, but not full scale 3D rendered games. There's simply not enough processing power.

[Edited on 28-10-2013 by Balling]

A2H GO

28th Oct 13 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one. I'll have to have a bit more of a think then, I'll have plenty of time though as I'll wait till the prices drop, possibly after xmas. Shame you have to get the Kinect with the xbox, likelyhood of me using that is zero.
morpheus22

28th Oct 13 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xbox one/day one
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be sticking with my PC until the prices come down a bit, not overly fussed about buying a PS4 anytime soon. I prefer a PC for FPS, and that's mainly all I play.
Wrighty

29th Oct 13 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i preordered bundle with killzone from shoptop, i dont even want killzone so will flog it, just want it on the release day.

looks like im gonna do the same
BarnshaW

29th Oct 13 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was the only way I could get it on release day, wankers
Reecemac

30th Oct 13 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Preordered the PS4 back in June. Still undecided now though! Going to play xbox one on Tuesday, not usually interested in going to gaming events but its in Shoreditch so a 2 minute walk from my office and the ticket was free, be rude not to.
Balling
Premium Member

2nd Nov 13 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A video comparison for those interested in how BF4 looks on the two consoles.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-now-battlefield-4
Use the torrent or mirror, the primary download is pants and the files are rather large.

Running them on a large TV, there's no denying that PS4 simply looks better.
That said, they both look stunning and 60 fps is fantastic.

It's worth noting that the resolution gap between the consoles on BF4 isn't as big as it'll be on COD.

See this chart for comparison:
http://f.cl.ly/items/031C0F2z1Q33460D230i/qWs3tuQ.jpg

Marc

3rd Nov 13 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't be buying any at launch as I simply can't justify the cost (that and I can't afford them!) After the price drop I will do what I have always done - Buy the PS then after the next price drop buy the XBox and realise that the PS is the console I preferred all along.

Looks like they are doing what they have done in previous console releases and keep making games for the previous console for a few years. I'm not interested in any new games until Fallout 4, that will ultimately decide when I buy a new console.
Wrighty

3rd Nov 13 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pre ordered ps4 off shopto like barndoor

i honestly wanna try a COD game but in the past they just looked shiiiite. will see what ghosts looks like on ps4 before deciding.
Russ

5th Nov 13 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/11/05/forza-motorsport-5-launch-trailer

skip to 1:48 fit..
Reecemac

5th Nov 13 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played Forza 5, Ryse, Kinect sports, Dead rising 3, Battlefield 4 and Fifa 14. The controller felt smaller than the current 360 control, really liked the vibration in the triggers on Forza, none of the other games seemed to utilise it though, games were dev/unfinished so could be why. Graphics wasn't that amazing, good but nothing brilliant. Maybe as a PC gamer too I'm used to better graphics?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll