corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Carpet cleaner

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carpet cleaner
MarkM

User status: Offline
17th Oct 13 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone got one of those water type carpet cleaners? Looks a bit like a vacuum.

I've got cream carpets that have been down for 12 months now so need cleaning.

Ideally I want to use the cleaner twice a year. Any recommendations?
John

17th Oct 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a george on my cream carpets, weren't particularly bad but hadn't planned on a dog when I got them. Took all his stains up no bother.

One of the upright type ones would probably be easier to use over a large area though.
MarkM

18th Oct 13 at 06:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I used a george on my cream carpets, weren't particularly bad but hadn't planned on a dog when I got them. Took all his stains up no bother.

One of the upright type ones would probably be easier to use over a large area though.

We've got a dog too. There aren't any stains as such it's just it needs freshening up.

Our stairs and the first floor except for the bathrooms is cream carpet.

I presume the carpet has to be left and not walked on whilst wet? What cleaner was used in it?
John

18th Oct 13 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not completely dry but not wet either. Just used some cheap machine floor cleaner from a supermarket.
spencer88

18th Oct 13 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The upright VAX ones are a complete waste of time!

You need one like the George/ Henry style. I have a VAX one similar to those and it worms very well. Only cost about £60 too.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a vax one I think

its very good
corsajay88

18th Oct 13 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hire a rug doctor. You book them online and pick them up from supermarkets. Have offers on so it's about £25 for the weekend but well worth it. Better than the upright ones you can buy
Ste
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I second what corsajay88 says, they are far better than a vax as they are proper commercial cleaners and work really well, hired them a few times now.

My advice is buy a bulk of cleaner elsewhere prior to hiring it as they make their money on the over priced soap which just has a de-foamer in it.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ben G

21st Oct 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We used a vax and was astonished by how much crap comes up. The carpets didn't look dirty (they're beige) until you moved the sofa and it became obvious.

Rug doctor sorted them right out. Cost about 30 quid including the stuff you need to buy.
3CorsaMeal

24th Oct 13 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a bissell, seems to work well
Gary
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
We used a vax and was astonished by how much crap comes up. The carpets didn't look dirty (they're beige) until you moved the sofa and it became obvious.

Rug doctor sorted them right out. Cost about 30 quid including the stuff you need to buy.

The rug doctor chemicals are shite though. We got a 5L tub direct from a chemical supplier up the road and it was 100 times better!
Ben G

24th Oct 13 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't want anything to go against me if I ended up breaking the machine, so just bought their stuff.
Russ

27th Oct 13 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tesco, hire rug doctor
MarkM

29th Oct 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll go for the Rug Doctor option I think. What cleaning stuff did you buy? I need to clean a staircase and the entire upstairs except for bathrooms.
corsajay88

29th Oct 13 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We bought the rug doctor stuff. Wasn't me but the misses was convinced it would catch fire or something if we didn't use the rug doctor stuff

New Poll