corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Product photography - Whittie etc

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Product photography - Whittie etc
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Aug 13 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Mrs is setting up a ebay/online shop. Most suppliers have images she can use but a couple don't.

I got her a small soft light box effort but i think she needs some more lighting. Would a couple of simple desk lamps like THIS work? If positioned behind the side walls?

Any advice welcomed
Whittie

20th Aug 13 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lamp infront at this angle /
another the other side of it \

Using thses bulbs; http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-interfit-int042-32w-fluorescent-lamp/p1525282?cm_mmc=googlebase-extension-_-studio-accessories-_-studio-accessories-_-interfit-int042-32w-fluorescent-lamp_1525282&utm_source=googlebase-extension&gclid=ckdtol2ljlkcfcfjtaodxckagq

The desk lights would work, but probably have to adjust lighting within photoshop to get rid of the orange etc.

[Edited on 20-08-2013 by Whittie]
andy1868

20th Aug 13 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be able to shoot with any bulb as long as you shoot a custom white balance set off a grey card.

What camera is she using?
Gary
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a normal digi camera. Obviously shes not gonna get professional results but thats fine for the time being.

I'll get some lights and give it a go.

Andy i have no idea what your talking about
andy1868

20th Aug 13 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesn't matter matey, chances are the camera won't support what i just suggested. Go with what alex said and try and get the colour as right as you can before you take any shots

[Edited on 20-08-2013 by andy1868]
Gary
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries
andy1868

20th Aug 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Important thing to remember is that too much light can be as bad as having too little as the colours will look washed out etc so it can be a fine balance. Because the lamps will be on or off with no adjustment, moving them away from the softbox with bring the light down Don't get too involved with getting everything perfect, simple is normally better

what products are they if you don't mind me asking?

[Edited on 20-08-2013 by andy1868]
Gary
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wooden sign things. Girly shite to hang up in the kitchen etc
Rob E

20th Aug 13 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My best piece of advice is buy a little tripod if you have poor light and let the camera do the exposure work. If you attach the tripod to the camera, put the self timer on then push the shutter you will get nice sharp pictures
Gaz

22nd Aug 13 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tripod/steadysurface is an absolute must as Rob says.
baza31

23rd Aug 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bit of advise is to throw your phone in the sea and enjoy your holiday . I haven't paid you to spend it on roaming . Unless its roaming to a pub
Gary
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa uio

19th Nov 13 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed

19th Nov 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made some stuff when I needed some pics doing: http://edcs.me/2012/03/my-home-made-photography-studio/

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Product photography - Whittie etc 24 database queries in 0.0116351 seconds