corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa c sri front grille

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c sri front grille
blackula

User status: Offline
8th May 03 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plastic 'grille' between the front fog lamps (under bumper) on SRi is a different mesh type design to the other Corsa's with fog lamps (like sxi). It looks a loy better and is just under 12 quid from Vauxhall. Anyone know how easy it is to fit and anyone done it. If you didn't realise they were diferrent, I only noticed on a quick read of the brochure, only SRI has the mesh type, all others have straight slat types. Only fog lamp models would fit of course.
Jason Iles

8th May 03 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blackula
The plastic 'grille' between the front fog lamps (under bumper) on SRi is a different mesh type design to the other Corsa's with fog lamps (like sxi). It looks a loy better and is just under 12 quid from Vauxhall. Anyone know how easy it is to fit and anyone done it. If you didn't realise they were diferrent, I only noticed on a quick read of the brochure, only SRI has the mesh type, all others have straight slat types. Only fog lamp models would fit of course.

Easy enough to fit When I took my front bumper off the middle section you are talking about is clipped in, if I remember right? Just pull it away from the bumper and push the new one on
blackula

8th May 03 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, you considered fitting one, they look much better than the straight slats !
Jason Iles

8th May 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah I went for this instead

But I agree the SRi one looks better than the SXi one

[Edited on 08-05-2003 by J 11ESY]
blackula

8th May 03 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I see, I couldn't see that pci in your garage, just old grille, must be an older photo. Sorry.
What else you done besides cosmetic mods ?

Does the car get a bit quicker with miles on it (1.2 16v)?
Jason Iles

8th May 03 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah not really I ran my in then put 17's on so it might be better but I can't appritiate it with the rims on.

apart from cosmetic, I have a little I.C.E and have put a Exhaust system on, lowered -40mm and gonna get an induction kit soon

SLSXi

8th May 03 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i think it'll be a straight swap if you have the sxi horizontal style slats.
but have you got the irmscher front spoiler? if so the SRi grill wont fit with this. something about there not being enough room at the bottom.
glasgow_corsa_c

8th May 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SLSXi
yeh i think it'll be a straight swap if you have the sxi horizontal style slats.
but have you got the irmscher front spoiler? if so the SRi grill wont fit with this. something about there not being enough room at the bottom.

Yeh exactly as red says i bouhgt it when i got my reiger front spoiler but it wouldnt fit so ti got sold for a fiver!
fearless

8th May 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SLSXi

Ive fitted this this new sri grill to my corsa - the old grill is plastic welded to the bumper at the ends - u need to grind the plastic lugs away - unclip the rest of the grill - refit new grill and plastic weld the end lugs back into place otherwise the grill will be loose at the ends

Oh - the irmscher lower spoiler will fit - it is not affected by the new mesh as it a direct replacement for the old mesh !!!

Anyone fitted the corsa sri door mirrors yet!!!
ELZ_Sri

8th May 03 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My local vauxhall dealer were going to swap the lower grill on my SRi for an SXi one so that they could fit a lower irmscher spoiler. When I came to pick the car up they had managed to fit the spoiler with the SRi grill still in place (they had to trim the bottom of the grill slightly, but you'd never know). The reason they did this was that they said that if they took out the new-style grill, they would have to remove something that was needed to fasten in the SXi type grill. So they left things as they were and didn't charge for the replacement grill. So check it out carefully before you do it.
fearless

8th May 03 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Confussed - I work at a Vx Main dealer - and have never had problems fitting grills to corca c bumpers - the grill in question is the same size as an sxi grill and uses exactly the same mounting points - the replacement of the grill doesnt interfere with the irmscher front spoiler if its fitted correctly !!!
si_reading

8th May 03 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got any pics of the new SRi front grill so I can see the difference between my SXi grill???
ELZ_Sri

8th May 03 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you refer to the current corsa brochure, you'll see that the irmscher section specifies that the front lower spoiler can not be fitted to SRi models. The Sri grill will fit - its the same size - but the vertical slats fit flush to the lower part of the bumper and this prevents the lip of the spoiler slotting in below the grill - this is the point where the main support for the lower spoiler is, so it has to 'tuck in' .
Munchie

9th May 03 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh its a nice grill but id rather buy a whole new 1.....
glasgow_corsa_c

9th May 03 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ELZ_Sri
If you refer to the current corsa brochure, you'll see that the irmscher section specifies that the front lower spoiler can not be fitted to SRi models. The Sri grill will fit - its the same size - but the vertical slats fit flush to the lower part of the bumper and this prevents the lip of the spoiler slotting in below the grill - this is the point where the main support for the lower spoiler is, so it has to 'tuck in' .

Exactly mate!

i had the same problem with mine. its jsut that the grill is a really tight fit and sits flush u cant get into mount the cross part of the lower spoiler.
fearless

9th May 03 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fearless
Confussed - I work at a Vx Main dealer - and have never had problems fitting grills to corca c bumpers - the grill in question is the same size as an sxi grill and uses exactly the same mounting points - the replacement of the grill doesnt interfere with the irmscher front spoiler if its fitted correctly !!!

Confussed - Sorry i was !! Checked with my apprentice (who gets to fit the kits for me at work) - the sri grill needs slight modification to fit when an irmscher front spoiler is fitted

Sorry to mis-inform everyone

New Poll