corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Star Silver Corsa C - First Car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Star Silver Corsa C - First Car
SXIBrad

User status: Offline
17th Jun 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to Corsasport (was introduced to it by LukesCorsaSXI) and have been wanting to make a project thread for a while. My progress is generally slow but I will try to update as and when I can.

So I passed my test in November 2012 and got my first car, Corsa C SXI, in December. Its got the odd scratch or two and had a dent above passenger rear window when I got it.

Alot has been changed since then so I will try to go over things in the order they happened.

When I first bought the car:

Fitted an Alpine head unit as soon as I picked the car up:

Car broke down first time I drove to work. Gear linkage was worn and needed replacing. Got it on the stands to replace it and thought I might as well do the tracking at the same time:

So when I got the car there were a couple of bodywork issues that needed resolving:
Back bumper paint flaking off:

Dent above passenger rear window:

So first I got the back bumper repaired and resprayed and the dent removed:

Random photo with my mate Steve, he's done loads since this photo to his Polo:

Debadged the back:

Lowered the car 40mm on Springs - I don't have any good photos to show this really:

Then went on to Derub strip (think that's what you call it) the side (inprogress):
Dirty horrible glue!

Nearly done. Finishing this tomorrow.

Car has a knocking sound coming from the steering rack, this is being replaced tomorrow.
De-wipering soon and also contemplating taking the side SXI badges off.
Going to get some new alloys and refurb the standard SXI ones.

Let me know what you all think!

Suggestions welcome!

[Edited on 17-06-2013 by SXIBrad]
LukesCorsaSXi

17th Jun 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming on well mate! Get the rest of that glue off and some nice alloys on there and you're definitely onto a winner!
vx-scottw
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good base to start on mate
SXIBrad

17th Jun 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks. Hopefully will be getting some soft stars early next month
SXIBrad

18th Jun 13 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update:

So today I finished my debump strip off and also fitted the new steering rack with my dad.
One problem with the de bumpstrip, rear passenger side:

It was sprayed a few months back to blend the back bumper in and as you can see, the paint is slightly different. I will have to get this sprayed soon to cover it up!

New steering rack:

Just to let you all know, these are a b****** to fit at home. Without getting the car on the ramp at a garage you have zero space to move and get your arms in to undo bolts etc. Took us most part of the day but its finally done and there is no knocking!

Bodging it with little ramps and a block of wood ontop to hold the car up:

Tracking is slightly out now but I'm sorting this Saturday!

Rear wiper wasn't playing ball today so I have soaked the nut in degreaser and I will try again on the weekend.

All in all a decent day apart from the debump strip lines :/
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't win 'em all with regards to the debumpstripping. Good job getting the rack sorted though.

MX5 Project Thread
vx-scottw
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is same one the reasons i didn't want to remove mine is alot worse i think
SXIBrad

18th Jun 13 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'll get some quotes on the panel sprayed soon hopefully won't be too much. I'll rag the wiper off this weekend. Friend at work gave me some 6x9s from his old clio (upgraded to a 12 plate Astra GTC ) get them tested soon and maybe fitted
AndyCorsaSport

18th Jun 13 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome. And good base to start off with!

Repair above the window isn't very good though.
SXIBrad

20th Jun 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport

How come?

Also I have been given a rough estimate on how much it will cost to respray the back passenger panel (to hide the bumpstrip marks) around £150 :/

Wondering what colour to paint my sideskirts and wheel arches too, should I do them silver or gloss black?

What does everyone think I should do first? Alloys or paint the panel and sideskirts/wheelarches?
JoshSRi

20th Jun 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely go for alloys first.
SXIBrad

21st Jun 13 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update:

I went to order some Team Heko wind deflectors this morning, I paid for them, and was then told by LFMVauxhall that they were out of stock. Got a prompt refund and they are emailing me when they have more stock in so thats good!

Luke spotted some gloss black sideskirts and wheel arch trims on ebay, snagged them for a decent price and have decided that I am going for a silver and black theme.

Spray the roof rails, front and back bump strips, back vaux badge and front grills "v" gloss black. Then get some silver alloys.

Not sure what to do for the spoiler, since this is the standard grey plastic colour. It's either buying a aftermarket one (a very low profile one, I don't want a huge spoiler) that is silver. Or spraying the current one silver (i doubt black would look any good there)

I will be fitting the skirts when i spray everything so in about 2-3 weeks time.

Pictures to come!
vx-scottw
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plans sound good mate you should get this spoiler http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-corsa-c-rear-spoiler-genuine-irmscher-/251290468976?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a82144270
LukesCorsaSXi

21st Jun 13 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vx-scottw
plans sound good mate you should get this spoiler http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-corsa-c-rear-spoiler-genuine-irmscher-/251290468976?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a82144270

Good find that Scott mate.
Will have another good looking silver C to go with yours soon Scott!
AndyCorsaSport

22nd Jun 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXIBrad
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport

How come?

They've lost the "sharpness" of the swage line.

Plans sound good, id quite like another C
SXIBrad

22nd Jun 13 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vx-scottw

I would but I am quite skint this month already! Only got paid on the 18th!

That's the problem with things like this. You always see good bargains and the things you wanna buy when you dont have the money!

But that spoiler looks good to get after my alloys
vx-scottw
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know the feeling pal thats the irmy heck spoiler loads about
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does look a nice base. I might remove my side strips.
SXIBrad

22nd Jun 13 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Does look a nice base. I might remove my side strips.

If you know that your doors or rear panels have been sprayed since the original paint then I would leave it. But if it hasn't, then go for it! Looks so much nicer!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Star Silver Corsa C - First Car 25 database queries in 0.0136580 seconds