corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » New camera help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New camera help needed
andys sxi
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Jun 13 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i have bought my first Slr camera.Its a Nikon D40x, at the moment ive got a 55-200 lens for it as i am going to silverstone at the end of this month so thats the main reason ive bought it, yesterday my lens came so last night i went out to get a few shots.

These are my practise shots and i would like some feedback on what i need to change on the camera settings because i dont know what it set it at

Thanks

[Edited on 07-06-2013 by andys sxi]

[Edited on 07-06-2013 by andys sxi]

April 08 feature car
BluKoo

7th Jun 13 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi

These are my practise shots and i would like some feedback on what i need to change on the camera settings because i dont know what it set it at

This isn't really a question we can answer just by looking at these pics.
What you'd be better off doing it learning about shutter speed and aperture to give you a basic understanding about what the different combinations of settings can help you achieve.

See if you can find some videos or tutorials and then just go out and practice. Even if you just practice panning shots on a road near to your house...
BluKoo

7th Jun 13 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's something to start you off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXzNtp1shXU
andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats what i need to learn about is shutter speeds etc, ive got it on auto at the moment, just wanted to see what people think of them really too dark or light etc

April 08 feature car
BluKoo

7th Jun 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto will always expose pretty much spot on, but you'll never really be able to create creative photos in Auto mode.

Have a search on youtube for a beginners guide to dslr photography or something like that.

andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ive been watchinh a few videos on youtube.

That video you sent me is basically what im after fast moving cars, i just changed the setting on the camera to continious shots, i went into the back garden and a plane was flying over so i took a few shots

April 08 feature car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » New camera help needed 25 database queries in 0.0134470 seconds