corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Which compact system camera?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which compact system camera?
Eddie.2k

User status: Offline
21st Feb 13 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quite like the look of this Nikon 1 J2

Would say that's at the absolute max I'm looking to spend on a camera plus lens.

Can anyone recommend this or something similar (novice to photography so I've no idea what lenses to go for, cameras are best)
Balling
Premium Member

21st Feb 13 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure I wrote an answer to this!?

Balling
Premium Member

21st Feb 13 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait, you deleted the thread?

Ah well, can't be arsed to type it all out again.

In essence:
Find out why exactly you think a mirrorless system is the right choice. Most likely an enthusiast compact or small-ish entry level DSLR will be a better option.

And I don't particularly care for the Nikon 1 pictures I've seen. Doesn't seem very impressing.
SONY NEX 5N is a great bit of kit, but the size of a DSLR, so I don't see the point.

Eddie.2k

21st Feb 13 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you did reply, But I'd gotten mixed up with the cameras and link I posted so thought id start a new one and delete the other

Reason I didn't want a DSLR is because I thought they were all quite big and chunky which I cba with carrying around

[Edited on 21-02-2013 by Eddie.2k]
Balling
Premium Member

21st Feb 13 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My advice would be to ignore the mirrorless systems. They're either as bulky as the smaller DSLR's (like Canon EOS 1100D) and/or with a terrible, yet expensive, selection of lenses.

Look at something like the Canon Powershot G15 or Fujifilm X10/X20. Both are fantastic camera's at a fairly small size.
You lose the interchangeable lens, but gain a greater all-round performance than most mirrorless can offer.

Eddie.2k

21st Feb 13 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, ill have a look into them
whitter45

28th Feb 13 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x10 is a great camera - got some super shots with this in the maldives

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Which compact system camera? 25 database queries in 0.0128002 seconds