corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Cheap replacment phone time.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheap replacment phone time.
Jimbothebarbarian

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 13 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The time has come that my old Nokia N900 is getting past it. The mini USB dropped out years ago. So I use a desktop battery charger. It lunches battery power in minutes when I use the web. Today the GPS signal was all over the trap.

So as you lot seem to know what your on about I'll tell you what I personally use/need.

1. For many year I use a site called Heiaheia.com for tracking my runs and bike rides so GPS is a must.
  2. I also use the phone as an MP3 player.
  3. Would like a half decent camera.
  4. I use the N900 via wifi at home to surf the web this would be a nice touch.
  5. I'm use to a QWERTY key pad.

I use my N900 for all the above way way more than an actual phone. I have a tight arse contract of £7 or £8 a month and hardly make any calls and don't send that many texts TBH. Of course when I go on my hols a couple of times a year the calls and internet go through the fucking roof but that's only a couple of times a year.

I bought my little girl her 1st phone for xmas a nokia asha 201 and quite liked it but it's got a pants camera and no GPS. But something along them line would be good as I like the Nokias.

Anyhow any advice would be great as if I was to swan into a phone shop I would come out the door with some mad as fuck £50+ a month contract and some metal iphone 6s 4x4 nutter bastid phone that I have no idea how to work!

Cheers.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nexus 4?
AndyKent

23rd Jan 13 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Galaxy S2 off a forum or ebay, Three/Giffgaff PAYG. Cheapness and no contract
deano87

23rd Jan 13 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nokia N8 might suit if you can buy PAYG
Dom

23rd Jan 13 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this contract? Or you just wanting a sim-free or PAYG (and then unlock it)? Any particular budget?

If you're after a cheap touchscreen/android device then the Huawei G300/G330 is about the best - £100 + £4 network unlock off eBay.

If you want Nokia then Lumia 800 is around the £100-120 PAYG and a brilliant phone. If symbian then N8 or E series if you're wanting to stick with qwerty keys. Although i'd be looking at Blackbury's if you really want qwerty.

If you've got the cash then Nexus 4, Samsung S3, Nokia 820/920, hang on for the new Blackberry's.
Jimbothebarbarian

23rd Jan 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a lumia 610. If it's shat the wife can have it.

Cheers for the input..

New Poll