corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » c20xe Corsa B

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe Corsa B
DanCobb

User status: Offline
18th May 13 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

18th May 13 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Order a brand new expansion tank and cap. other one is manky. Cheap as chips so stupid not to really. I also ordered a new 'Corsa' badge for the rear

Bonded the other two arches on and de-badged the doors

I'm really fussy when it comes to the little things and the rear wiper arm was all flaky and rusty so gave that a quick paint too

Also did a quick photoshop of it lowered and trims a different colour, think I prefer them the colour they are now though

DannyB
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd clean and paint the callipers/carriers as the hubs will be getting new bearings this week so then I can get everything built up and on the car, still need another coat but you get the idea. I'll clean the bits off that shouldn't be painted before they go on the car.

Before

After

DannyB
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice new expansion tank vs the old manky one

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best mod you can do to a conversion imo.

Nice one Dan.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
DannyB
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More painting in preperation of new bearings and flanges as the other two were fucked.

Before

taylorboosh

21st May 13 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work danny
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strut brace, tigra scuttle and 60mm rear springs arrived today. Springs will need a lick of paint though and there's a bracket burst off the scuttle that will be plastic welded on.

New rear shoes and wheel cylinders

[Edited on 22-05-2013 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted the tigra scuttle

Gave the springs a lick of paint, by no means perfect but it doesn't matter as you'll never see them anyway. And it's better than rust/red/yellow

DannyB
Premium Member

23rd May 13 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant really do a great deal until robbie brings the engine mount tomorrow so still doing more shitty bits, painted the strut brace star silver so it doesn't stand out as much. 2 new hub flanges ordered, should get them Monday.

DannyB
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear 60mm springs/shocks/shoes/wheel cylinders fitted. Sitting a bit low atm though as front is standard height, should even out nicely once the front is done.

New hub flanges

New Vectra V6 pads, don't need anything fancy with standard power.

New wheel bearings

284mm Fiat Coupe Turbo vented discs

DannyB
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Built up

Not really much point updating tbh as I'm just talking to myself hey ho

Christopher

28th May 13 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its coming along nicely buddy! Going to be super cool rolling around and surprising a few people!
djgritt
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming along really well, looks good! Tidy work too, impressive
Corsa_Sport21

28th May 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah going to be pretty cool with the trims and tidy bodywork etc.

Not often you see them clean in sleeper guise these days. Normally shed like, or kitted up etc.

Wouldn't have wen't for V6 calipers though. Shite pedal feel. 256's would have been much better if its just going to be a road car, or turbo calipers if its going to see track action.
Chris x

28th May 13 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pedal feel was no different with my V6's bled up properly with braided hoses.
DannyB
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only reason im using the v6 callipers is they were on the blue xe when i stripped it, if they are terrible ill downgrade
DannyB
Premium Member

30th May 13 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered a new radiator

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280947686284?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Also have a 12'' slimline fan lying about so will use that, ordered a fitting kit for it.

DannyB
Premium Member

1st Jun 13 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coilovers and brakes are on, although the rear needs to be heightened and the front lowered slightly.

Cleaned/Painted the drums

Also painted the steelies black

ArdenblueDan

1st Jun 13 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good buddy
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More exciting rebuild parts. N/S outer CV joint as when fitting the shaft the threads were fucked

2 track rod ends

DannyB
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not updated for a while as progress has been slow. Wiring issues now as the donor loom out of the previous car is a fucking abortion, so my mate Grant is sorting it out. Turns over fine but won't start, so it's a case of going through the loom finding what's wrong. Everything else is done though, if it was running it could go for tyres and MOT tomorrow that's the most annoying part.

Bay will be tidied once it's running sweet. Got a mate whos going to make me a carbon battery cover too.

Got myself a Powerflow backbox off eBay for 7 quid with a big daft 4'' exit on, so that was removed and a tidy downward swept, hidden piece was welded on.

The whole point is I want it hidden like so

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » c20xe Corsa B 25 database queries in 0.0170231 seconds