corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Warm/Sunshine/Glare (information inside)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Warm/Sunshine/Glare (information inside)
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
30th Nov 12 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to concentrate more on sunshine style photography, the glare and warmth!

Ie a sunrise capturing frost on a bicycle for example.

Not sure if anyone watches it, but the series 'Made in Chelsea' even though it's captured through film they have parts where it shows street signs or period properties with the sun glare, the style of film is what I want to capture on picture.

As said on another of my threads I have a 400d and a 50mm on the way (if this is a better lens to suite the style I'm after)

After information and tips to help captured 'sun kissed' images

Any help would be awesome, thanks in advance

[Edited on 30-11-2012 by Minty_Fresh]

[Edited on 30-11-2012 by Minty_Fresh]
Balling
Premium Member

30th Nov 12 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You didn't ask a question!?

Minty_Fresh

30th Nov 12 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edited, but after information and tips.
Balling
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A common term used about this is "the golden hour", which refers to the hour just before the sun sets.

The benefit of this time is the warm glow the sun gives, but at the cost of a lot of places being in complete shadow due to the low angle.

You can get a warming filter to attach to your lens or apply one digitally after the image has been taken. There's a number of methods for warming images in most photo editing software.

Balling
Premium Member

1st Dec 12 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try giving an example of a photo you think is just right, but missing that warm feel.

What you've got to remember is that composition and exposure are far more important to have control over first.
When using natural light, getting it just right is often a question of being in the right place at the right time.

Minty_Fresh

1st Dec 12 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://simplykierste.com/2012/04/photography-with-lei-capturing-sun-flare.html

I actually found this link in the very early hours..

Gaz

1st Dec 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tweek your white balance also to generate warmth in a photo.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Warm/Sunshine/Glare (information inside) 25 database queries in 0.0110259 seconds