corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » >>>Washer jets pump appears to be bust - what do you reckon?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author >>>Washer jets pump appears to be bust - what do you reckon?
Billy Dean

User status: Offline
   25th Nov 12 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My washer jets have been a bit iffy for the past few months. Sometimes the water would come out, sometimes not. But even when no water came out I could still hear the whining of the pump/motor trying to get water out.
Now, over the past few weeks I've been getting no water and no pump noise either! (Front and back washer jets not working).

I'm thinking that maybe the pump is bust.
So I got and assistant to activate the washer lever and stuck my multimeter on the pump electrical connector. I'm getting around 14v which means it's getting power.

Looks like I need a new pump, eh?

2 questions then:

1. My guess is that it's the pump that has had it, because the washer jets are clear, there is water in the reservoir, both front and back jets are not working, and there is no pump noise. Before I order a new pump though....could it be something else that i need to check?
2. Where to get a new pump from if needed? (I see there's ones on ebay for like £5.20 all in).

[Edited on 25-11-2012 by Billy Dean]
davegreen
Premium Member

25th Nov 12 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the pump. i would also change the seal/filter that seals the pump to the reservoir and wash it out while its off.
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Nov 12 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want a decent pump really, I wouldn't go for a the cheapest one. Try a local motor factors.
Billy Dean

25th Nov 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your suggestions guys.
The ebay pump is from a top-rated seller, but I understand the old adage, "you get what you pay for."
Halfords sell pumps for around £16+.
Euro Car Parts only sell a 1-way pump.

[Edited on 25-11-2012 by Billy Dean]
Mikey_j

26th Nov 12 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pull the pump out mate and there is a little black seal underneath that has a meshy type bit at the bottom that acts as a filter pull that out aswell and give it a wash as it will be blocked. Really common problem this
Billy Dean

27th Nov 12 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mikey_j
Pull the pump out mate and there is a little black seal underneath that has a meshy type bit at the bottom that acts as a filter pull that out aswell and give it a wash as it will be blocked. Really common problem this

Thanks for the suggestion mate.

But surely if its only that meshy filter type thing thats blocked...u would still hear the pump whirring around when u pull the wiper lever back. But there is no noise from the pump at all. Which makes me think the pump has died completely.

Good logic?
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People always told me, be careful what you do, don't go around breaking your corsa parts..
Mikey_j

27th Nov 12 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Billy Dean
quote:
Originally posted by Mikey_j

Thanks for the suggestion mate.

But surely if its only that meshy filter type thing thats blocked...u would still hear the pump whirring around when u pull the wiper lever back. But there is no noise from the pump at all. Which makes me think the pump has died completely.

Good logic?

Correct. Don't think i read the first post properly lol

New Poll