corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Immersion heater timer help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Immersion heater timer help.
Aaron

User status: Offline
30th Oct 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My flat has has a huge boiler with what looks like two heating elements in it (one at the top and one at the bottom). Each said element has it's own separate on/off switch.

When i moved in to the flat, there was a crappy and ineffective timer in the kitchen. The actual timer on it seemed to be broken, however, when i wanted hot water, i just pressed the override button, and made sure what i thought was the top heating element in/on the boiler was switched on. After 15 minutes, all was good...hot water was flowing out of my taps.

The said crappy and ineffective timer then broke all together, and I replaced it with a simple L.E.D switch. This was because I didn't really need to have the water heated via a timer... I was just happy to turn the switch on.

Here's the small dilemma. The flat is soon to be inhabited by a tenant, and I'd like to put another timer in there. I've had a look on the ScrewFix website, and they quite clearly sell immersion heater timers, however, when i called to ask if they're the ones i need, all i got back from them was "sorry, we can't advise you on purchases like this...you need to speak to a plumber".

Basically, the said timer needs to fit into a wall socket void which is the same size as a regular single power socket.

Here are the sort of things i've been looking at:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/400147760463?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?fh_search=immersion+timer&fh_view_size=20

Any pointers would be appreciated.

P.S - The ideal situation/solution would be to replace the boiler with an electric Combi (the property has no gas btw), but for now, it's going to have to stay as it is.

[Edited on 30-10-2012 by Aaron]
jrsteeve

User status: Offline
30th Oct 12 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's usually a Horstmann timer that's used on immersion tanks, they're a fair bit more expensive though, don't often see anything else - http://www.connectstores.com/P.E.D/sp_18461-50.html

New Poll