corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C rear dampers on corsa B?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C rear dampers on corsa B?
TheDane

User status: Offline
27th Oct 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys and gals,

Am I correct in thinking that Corsa C rear dampers are the same as Corsa B?

As I'm maybe looking at buying a set of Bilstein B4 (BNE-C639) rear dampers fitted with some -40 springs for my Corsa B 1,4 16v from '99. But not sure if they would fit my B, as they are advertised as being for a C.

Cheers

TheDane
davegreen
Premium Member

27th Oct 12 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the C dampers are differant rates and lengths to those on a B. they would fit but wouldnt be much good.
TheDane

30th Oct 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah okay Dave, I see.

It was just be cause the Bilstein B4 BNE-C639 I found advertised for a C, had the same number as those I found for a B. So maybe the guy had put B's on his C?

Or can't I count on that number for anything?
Jed D

30th Oct 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id imagine the C's would be pretty firm compared to the B if they are actually different. iv got C springs on the back of the B atm and they feel quite hard compared to B's i used to have but mk3 astra springs fit too and are even stiffer, so not sure if the mk3 astra dampers do too...?
TheDane

31st Oct 12 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
id imagine the C's would be pretty firm compared to the B if they are actually different. iv got C springs on the back of the B atm and they feel quite hard compared to B's i used to have but mk3 astra springs fit too and are even stiffer, so not sure if the mk3 astra dampers do too...?

If that's correct, then corsa c dampers, paired up with mk3 Astra springs could be a budget upgrade maybe? But I have no real experience with vauxhall/opel, so I have no idea, what so ever
davegreen
Premium Member

31st Oct 12 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your best of getting the correct set for your car. or u'll end up changing them again down the line. bilstiens shocks with eibach springs are a good choice but there are cheeper sets from around £200 front and rear.

New Poll