corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine Problem Saga Part Deux

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Problem Saga Part Deux
Rob_Scarborough

User status: Offline
2nd May 03 at 02:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had enough of everything with my car, its poo, the engines fucked. Engine managment light came on, looked at manifold, it had a crack down it so i replaced it, reset the ecu, managment light came on, so i got it fault read, the garage said it was the Oxy sensort\lambda sensor, so i bought a 2nd hand one of a car thats done 6 thousand miles, exact model, so ive replaced that and still nothing, lights still on and still at 4k revs in 3rd 4th 5th the engines just refuses to go any further, 1st is ok, 2nds fine . Ive also replaced the spark plugs incase that was the problem, ive had an oil change aswell, i just dont know what could be up with it. Some body said it could be coz i run it around on £2-5 of petrol all the time and the crap clogs it up

The engine is 1.0l 12 V with 46K Miles
Rage exhaust ( twin pipe style )
Air box drilled

If somebody could shed any light on what it may be, or is id be very very grateful as its getting right on my tits and making me
DanielJ

2nd May 03 at 02:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put injector cleaner in m8, try runnin it in one notch frm the red 4 a while an take it 4 a long drive
Hintz

2nd May 03 at 04:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boy 'o boy am i glad i'm on a mechanical fuel pump

These ECU jobbies have so many problems!

Rob, try MigWeb, the lads might be able to help you
mav

2nd May 03 at 04:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY sport was running crap, over fueling,revs going up 3k and then down to 300.
Black smoke,plugs sooting up,twitchy and jumpy running and it was down to the
Cooling Temp Sensor.Got this sorted and running sweet again,also had the lambda changed
at the same time.
All these probs down to one sensor really..So don't lose hart dude may be something simple.
I put mine into vaux and they got the fault quick like.

mav.
5doormodder

2nd Jun 05 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got excatly the same problem mate, mines a 2000 reg 1.2 16v engine.

Managment light keeps comming on and going off and car seems like it wants to stall/judders when the light is on then it goes back to normal when the light goes back off. only stays on for a few seconds but i think its doing it more frequently now.

Also, sometimes when i pull away it seems like it lacks power asif theres a blockage or something then all of a suddern it frees and the power kicks in, its really wierd, dont have a clue what it could be.

Skipz

2nd Jun 05 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked with Vauxhall to se how many oxy sensors are available for that engine?? May be wrong

Also try servicing it and sending some 10k boost up the Air intake
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Jun 05 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 year gap matey

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jamied

2nd Jun 05 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine Problem Saga Part Deux 24 database queries in 0.2684829 seconds