corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » stuck between two differnt tv's which to go for....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author stuck between two differnt tv's which to go for....
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Oct 12 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After having a good look round i am stuck between these two tv's like both

plasma

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-50pm680t-full-hd-50-plasma-3d-tv-12520746-pdt.html

LED

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-47lm620t-full-hd-47-led-3d-tv-12424955-pdt.html

led one can be had for £689 from richer sounds

Also just seen this one

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-series-5-ps51e550-full-hd-51-plasma-3d-tv-12338288-pdt.html

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Conway563

15th Oct 12 at 04:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have that 47"
Have had no problems in the 6 months or so I've had it
Balling
Premium Member

15th Oct 12 at 05:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plasma if mostly used for films, LED if mostly used for gaming.

A quick google suggest the LG plasma is prone to high input lag, when gaming. Something not uncommon on cheaper plasmas.

Size is important. Go as big as your budget allows, imo.

Samsung gets my vote.

A2H GO

15th Oct 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling

Size is important. Go as big as your budget allows, imo.

Agree. I got sucked into the whole viewing distance/optimum TV size debate and went for a 40". Will defo go bigger next time regardless of the size of the room.
Dom

15th Oct 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're wanting a Plasma then look at Panasonic; should be able to pick up a GT30 for that sort of budget and will make that LG look like shite.

As for size, ideally go for optimal vs viewing distance but i guess it all depends on how much you want to make the TV a focal point of your lounge.
Although personally i'd rather go for a smaller better performing screen than spending the same budget on a poor performing 60"+.

[Edited on 15-10-2012 by Dom]
Balling
Premium Member

15th Oct 12 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
should be able to pick up a GT30 for that sort of budget and will make that LG look like shite.
Agreed, if a GT30 is available at that price (given it's not something silly like 37" or 42") then go for that.

As for size vs viewing distance, it's more or less a myth. Sub 60" it is, anyway.

And as I've said before in these threads, size has a bigger impact on your over all movie experience than measurable black level and colour profiling.

Tom B

15th Oct 12 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same LED one your looking at, its probably the best £700 ive ever spent!
gavin18787
Premium Member

15th Oct 12 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the led is the winner then. how comes you say plasma for tv and led for games?
Cant find that panasonic for sale with that model no

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Balling
Premium Member

15th Oct 12 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Sounds like the led is the winner then. how comes you say plasma for tv and led for games?
LED is the winner because two people own it?

Plasma will generally deliver a more vivid image and smooth movements. LED's have a tendency to have a crisp image that I find quite unnatural. Some plasma's suffer from input lag and slight image retention thus making LED a better option for gaming.

Either way, try having a look at the screens and play around with the user menus to see what you find suits you.

New Poll