corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Finally switched to Newsgroups! SABNzbd question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finally switched to Newsgroups! SABNzbd question
AdZ9

User status: Offline
19th Sep 12 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why o' why did I not do this years before!

I've finally started using Newsgroups after finding this article on Lifehacker: http://lifehacker.com/5601586/how-to-get-started-with-usenet-in-three-simple-steps as I've been getting really pissed off using Torrents lately.

I'm all signed up (to Astraweb, special deal unlimited of $11 a month, 20 connections) and I've also signed up to the VIP of Nzbmatrix site.

I followed the guide posted above and have set up SABNzbd successfully and have been downloading absolutely fine at max speed all night. The question I have is about how to set up SABNzbd more extensively to make it as seamless as possible, currently my process is:

Start the download > Downloads to my D:\ drive or into D:\Incomplete if it is incomplete.

What I would like it to do is this:

Start the download > If it is a movie it downloads to D:\Movies if it's a TV show it downloads to D:\TV Shows and so on.. (and then sorts as it does now, I have set up sorting so for TV shows it structures it 'Show Name\Season X\Showname Episode.ext)

Is this easy to set up? I've looked through the settings and the only thing I think it could possibly be in is the Categories tab of SABNzbd but not sure if that's it or not.

I want to get this set up before I try using this Couch Potato or Sick Bear to auto download Films/TV eps

Any help is appreciated, or even a link to a guide I can follow (I've googled but not found anything helpful as of yet)
AdZ9

19th Sep 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, at the moment I use TVersity to stream my media to my Xbox 360, I've heard people mention XBMC before, is this better than using TVersity?
AdZ9

20th Sep 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I realise i'm talking to myself in here, but just incase people to chip in to give their opinion.

I'm looking at one of three options for playing the films on my TV (so i can mug off the Xbox)

1. Apple TV jailbroken running XBMC
2. Popcorn Hour (quite pricey?)
3. Boxee (are these any good?)
Nismo

20th Sep 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not alot of help but if you go down the apple tv2 route, they are on amazon for £70ish quid iirc.
noshua

20th Sep 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give me 10-20min and I'll tell you exactly how to do it - also, buy the Apple TV as it's the cheapest option and does exactly what you need - plus XBMC is the shit.
AdZ9

20th Sep 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Not alot of help but if you go down the apple tv2 route, they are on amazon for £70ish quid iirc.

Yeah been looking on eBay, they go for shit loads on there because I don't think you can Jailbreak ATV3 yet can you?

I'll check Amazon now
noshua

20th Sep 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done a clean install of SABnzbd, SickBeard and couchpotatoserver (aka couchpotato v2) on a MicroServer which makes everything automatic.

Go into sabnzbd and make two categories like so;

The 'movies' will be used for movies, and the 'tv' for tv, obviously. The 'folder/path' option is where you want them to be temporarily stored (couchpotato and sick beard will move them anyway). By default they will be based in the 'complete' folder inside a folder of their own (in this case, movies & tv), for you they'll be in D:\movies and D:\tv (if the complete dir is d:\).

The 'script' for the 'tv' category needs to be set to 'sabToSickBeard.exe', if this doesn't show for you, you need to go into the 'Folders' option of sabnzbd and set the 'Post-Processing Scripts Folder' path to the 'autoProcessTV' folder of SickBeard (see below);

Now we'll setup SickBeard, first you need to give it somewhere to search, so go into 'Config' -> 'Search' Providers and select NZBMatrix and enter your details.

Next open SickBeard and go to 'Config' -> 'Post Processing'. Inside here, set the 'TV Download Dir' to the 'tv' path you created in sabnzbd (probably d:\tv if you haven't changed anything). I've also got 'metadata' enabled as I use XBMC - saves having XBMC doing the scraping for the show info, posters, etc. In here you can also tell Sick Beard to rename the files if you want - I've got mine set to 'Show Name - 1x02 - Ep Name' just to make it easy to read in the directories.

If you haven't already got SickBeard setup, IIRC at first start (or when you add the first series) you'll be asked for a 'parent folder', you need to choose a folder where you want the TV episodes to be stored. I have it set to D:\TV. This means each show I add has it's own folder within D:\TV, for example; D:\TV\Rules of Engagement.

Step 3 of SickBeard will ask you for 'Initial' and 'Archive', if you're like me then you'll want to download TV rips as they come out, then once they're released on DVD or BluRay, have them replaced. To do this, set the initial quality as SD TV or HD TV, then the Archive as SD DVD or 720p/1080p BluRay.

That should be it for Sick Beard.

To do Couch Potato Server, go into the web interface and click the settings icon then choose 'Settings' then 'Seacher' -> 'Providers'. In here check your usenet indexer (NZBMatrix) and put the info in.

Go into 'Quality' and set the profile up - it's very similar to Sick Beard so should be easy enough to setup.

Next go into 'Downloaders' and put the required info for SABnzbd. In the 'Category' field, put exactly the same as you did in the SABnzbd category field (I put 'movies').

Almost there, go into 'Renamer' and check 'Rename Downloaded Movies', in here you need to select the 'From' folder to the completed movies folder - probably D:\movies if you haven't changed anything.

In the 'To' field, select where you want them to be stored - I've got it set to E:\Movies (it would be D:\Movies like the TV one, but that drive is full). Again like Sick Beard, you can rename the movies if you want.

Finally, if you want to get the metadata (like Sick Beard), go into 'Renamer' > 'Metadata' and check 'XBMC' and whatever options you want.

That should be it, I don't think I've missed anything.
noshua

20th Sep 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Essay. Seems long but it only takes 10 min to setup.
AdZ9

20th Sep 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Legend! That's awesome, I'll set that up now!

Thank you, much appreciated!

Amazon have Apple TV 2s for £150+ now, seems people have cottoned on to what they're used for!
noshua

20th Sep 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries, drop me a u2u if you get stuck.

I thought they still sold refurbished ATV2's on the Apple website, seems not.

You could always get a Raspberry Pi, but it's not exactly pretty and might not be as stable as the ATV or similar.

Not sure what else there is, I bought an Acer Revo which is a not so powerful, book sized computer, running Windows 7. About twice the price of ATV though - and overkill if you're just streaming tv/films/music/photos from a server or computer.
jamied

1st Oct 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, Just having a bit of trouble myself with SAB..
I have setup RSS feeds from NZBmatrix for programs like dexter etc, i have added them to sab and sab brings up the results i want when I click read feed but doesnt seem to download automatically unless I click download.. any ideas? thx
John

1st Oct 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you use sickbeard? That's what I use for TV, after the initial setup it's worked pretty flawlessly.
Gary
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple TV2 here for £100 quid if anyone wants it
Nismo

1st Oct 12 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple TV2 here for £76

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0040GIZT8/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1349124783&sr=8-1
Gary
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was owned by me though
AdZ9

2nd Oct 12 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Apple TV2 here for £76

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0040GIZT8/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1349124783&sr=8-1

That's the new version - March 2012 onwards is Apple TV 3

Gary I'd love to buy it, I was hoping for a bonus at work this month but it never happened so I can't at the moment!

Let me know if you still have it at the end of this month and I may have it off you then
Nismo

2nd Oct 12 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bad, i take it the hack doesnt work on the 3rd model then?
AdZ9

2nd Oct 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet, that's why the Apple TV 2's are in demand as the 3's can't be jailbroken yet. Not even sure when they'll be able to be jailbroken either!
stubs

2nd Oct 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Apple TV2 here for £100 quid if anyone wants it

I don't suppose you're interested in a Popcorn Hour A200 are you?
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Oct 12 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking for one of the android based media centres tbh
AdZ9

15th Oct 12 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got round to setting up Sickbeard, all set up and sorted as per your instructions Noshua, can't test if it's working yet as none of the new episodes are due to be released until Weds +

One question I have though, now i've set it up and linked with Sabnzbd, will I have to run Sickbeard all the time from the exe or if Sabnzbd is running it will still do the Sickbeard stuff?
John

15th Oct 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sickbeard has to be running.

New Poll