corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Drift Allstars - Nigel Colfers ride

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drift Allstars - Nigel Colfers ride
will_ainsworth

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 12 at 03:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took this when i was in ireland at the weekend, Lit each panel seperately then created a composition tonight... ill add more once there done, but it takes quite a few hours to edit each one.

[Edited on 04-08-2012 by will_ainsworth]
BluKoo

3rd Aug 12 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on

Was just thinking yesterday I hadn't seen your name or work kicking around lately.
Scotty_B

3rd Aug 12 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Superb work.
will_ainsworth

4th Aug 12 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks , added another
JonnyJ

4th Aug 12 at 04:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely fantastic Will.
nathy_87

6th Aug 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome!
Balling
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks fantastic!

What is the benefit of several exposures opposed to just using additional lights?

JonnyJ

6th Aug 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Looks fantastic!

What is the benefit of several exposures opposed to just using additional lights?

You don't need as many for one. They are quite expensive! Plus he's lit every panel, having about 20 lights set up is going to be very hard to control. Much easier to do it this way, just need to make sure you keep about the same distance away from each panel per exposure.
Balling
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
You don't need as many for one. They are quite expensive! Plus he's lit every panel, having about 20 lights set up is going to be very hard to control. Much easier to do it this way, just need to make sure you keep about the same distance away from each panel per exposure.

I get that the amount of expensive equipment needed is less, that's a fair point.

As for it being easier, surely you're still controlling 20 lights, all be it virtually and one at a time?

Setting up the lights one after each other for a single shot would, by my accounts, require the same amount of setup work, but less PP.
Also, you get the added benefit of being able to see a much more precise rendering of the outcome straight away, and compensate for bad lighting accordingly.

As said, if the equipment isn't available, fair enough. But surely this solution is neither easier nor more practical?

This isn't a dig, btw, just curiosity. The end result pretty much speaks volumes about the potential of the used technique.

JonnyJ

6th Aug 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most pros would do it the way Will has, because its far more practical. You have the issue that lights will start affecting panels you don't want them to.

When you're lighting a shot you usually won't have more than 4 lights (and that's pretty big), one being your main light and the rest being fill.

To get that shot in one you would need all manner of grids and snoots to stop light filling over the rest of the shot.

I guarentee you its far easier to pp than set up a crazy amount of lights both practically and in time it would take
Balling
Premium Member

6th Aug 12 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't think about the light spill. Can see how that would give a very different outcome.

Thank you for your time.

Christopher

6th Aug 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant as usual will! Always Love your pictures!
Robin
Premium Member

1st Sep 12 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/blogs/tony-baker/revealing-the-magic-behind-the-best-photos

Great article that
Jenko_Sport

1st Sep 12 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is one technique ive yet to actually try, i just use my 4 speedlights, Will give it a go when i get some time.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Drift Allstars - Nigel Colfers ride 25 database queries in 0.0122910 seconds