corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » vectra b 5 stud rear disc conversion handbrake trouble....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author vectra b 5 stud rear disc conversion handbrake trouble....
c20xe-corsa

User status: Offline
1st Jul 12 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone I have brought a corsa b project with the rear disc conversion but didn't have the hand brake cables with it and was wondering if anyone had any info on what cables are needed to get the brake working the brakes are caliper and drum set up

Carl
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Jul 12 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need a cable from an early 20xe astra gte, part no, GM 90279542. Not cheep though, i couldnt find a none gen part anywhere so modified a mk3 cav disc brake cable by shortening it over the axle. still got the gen cable in its bag, must fit it one day!
c20xe-corsa

1st Jul 12 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol ok thanks mate would the Astra cable be ok coz of the vectra v6 discs
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Jul 12 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they look the same, only the vectra brakes have the hand brake at the bottom. i was going to do a 5 stud swap on mine as i have a set of brakes and front hubs from my vectra ive scrapped recently to get 2.2 engine for my corsa C.
c20xe-corsa

1st Jul 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok many thanks for the info it has been a great help

New Poll