corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Little crash at Cadwell

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Little crash at Cadwell
Graham88

User status: Offline
11th Jun 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Renault prices seem pretty average to be honest. The headlight is expensive because they are Xenon
gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Jun 12 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch welcome to the track day crash club. like you say things happen and everyone is ok. hope its back on the road asap.
Is that the corner that had the bmw go straight on and come back on the track the otherside notnlong ago? Sure someone will remember the vid?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Toby
Premium Member

11th Jun 12 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grass cutting

Unlucky but you seem to be taking it well. I would still be crying now.

Good on you for getting it sorted.

I would make sure there's no other manage though structurally though as that was a thud and could have knackered anything underneath
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Jun 12 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already looked and nothing is bent chassis wise! Very shocked though!
Jon_C
Premium Member

11th Jun 12 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That plastidip is awesome. Tempted to do my car in it
Nismo

11th Jun 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Ouch Renault isn't cheap!!

Wishbone - 135.43
Droplinks - 56.40 x 2
Driveshaft - 197.72
Rad - 149
Inner Guard - 58.74
Headlight - 255

That's pretty cheap IMO for the model.

An S2000 Xenon headlight is £850+vat each
djgritt
Premium Member

11th Jun 12 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm suprised no Airbags went off, thats a fair old impact!
FlamingCorsa

11th Jun 12 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
That plastidip is awesome. Tempted to do my car in it

have u used the stuff? i was tempted to get some to try on wheels, i just wondered wot happened when u get fly dirt on your car cos if u rub to hard surely u will rub the coating off??
FlamingCorsa

11th Jun 12 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
i know i maybe a long shot and may also be rubbish but i came accross this on you tube last week, called plasti dip! could be an idea if u want temp fix thats cheap!

people seem to be painting there car in it, do it yourself and then if u get bored of wreck it then peel it off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNY9Dx617N8

this vid gives u an idea! i fancy trying the stuff just to c wot its like, cant belive this guy goes not mask over the exhaust etc!

That looks great and at only £75 for 5litres that's great!!

if u marked car up properly at £75 even if it does not work its not a big loss compared to having car wrapped properly etc! diy job also if it ever needs doing in areas again!

think u should do it so we can all c if its any good! hehe
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Jun 12 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
i know i maybe a long shot and may also be rubbish but i came accross this on you tube last week, called plasti dip! could be an idea if u want temp fix thats cheap!

people seem to be painting there car in it, do it yourself and then if u get bored of wreck it then peel it off!

this vid gives u an idea! i fancy trying the stuff just to c wot its like, cant belive this guy goes not mask over the exhaust etc!

if u marked car up properly at £75 even if it does not work its not a big loss compared to having car wrapped properly etc! diy job also if it ever needs doing in areas again!

wanna paint it for me
FlamingCorsa

12th Jun 12 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wanna paint it for me

it cant be that hard surely, biggest prob from wot i can see ti getting it all down even otherwise it looks patchy! i was tempted to do my van in the stuff but not sure i want it matt black, and sort of like the white van man look on track days, lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Little crash at Cadwell 24 database queries in 0.0156209 seconds