corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b air con leak

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b air con leak
t1

User status: Offline
25th May 12 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa b 2001 1.2 sxi went to have the air con refilled with gas and been told it has a leak, they want £50 to fill it with gas and dye, drive it so the gas refigerant leaks/dye leaks, the dye is detected via uv light, the system is then repaired where it leaks from and another £50 to refill
are there any common places where the corsa air con leaks from and any easier method to check for leaks
jay26

25th May 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should never fill it up with refridgent if it has a leak, should use oxygen free nitrogen. I would be taking it elsewhere to be honest

[Edited on 25-05-2012 by jay26]
AndyCorsaSport

25th May 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay26
They should never fill it up with refridgent if it has a leak, should use oxygen free nitrogen. I would be taking it elsewhere to be honest

[Edited on 25-05-2012 by jay26]

As true as this is, they are still not going to fill it with the dye for free.

Usually leak around joints on most cars tbh, rubber seals on them dry out and perish. Should be turned on every few week to keep it good really. And they also need re gassing every three years.
andy_mk3

25th May 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Jay, it's actually illegal to fill something with refridgerant knowing it has a leak. As said it should be filled with nitrogen and a dye to diagnose the leak.

The leak could be anywhere, the most common place is the condensor as it gets damaged by stones etc, other than that it could be where the pipes join, they have o-rings wich can perish and leak.
jay26

25th May 12 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We charge £40+vat for a re-gas, dye injection and oxygen free nitrogen is £10, if you know what to look for then you should never have to guess if it has a leak. Just look at the gauge readings
t1

25th May 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has a leak as he filled it with nitrogen, well seemed like he filled it
so can it be filled with dye and nitrogen just to check the leak as he gave me the impression it would have to be filled with gas ie refigerant and dye to detect the leak

[Edited on 25-05-2012 by t1]
jay26

25th May 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by t1
it has a leak as he filled it with nitrogen, well seemed like he filled it
so can it be filled with dye and nitrogen just to check the leak as he gave me the impression it would have to be filled with gas ie refigerant and dye to detect the leak

[Edited on 25-05-2012 by t1]

That's the correct way to do it
t1

28th May 12 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

correct way in terms of refill with refigerant or fill with nitrogen and dye

New Poll