corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Beginners digital SLR? Some advice please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Beginners digital SLR? Some advice please
Xs

User status: Offline
   11th Apr 12 at 05:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to get myself a new / proper camera for over summer. Been looking about and due to my limited knowledge it's hard to decide. Thought I'd decided on a Nikon 3100 as I was getting a cracking deal on SLR hut, but turns out in then adds some fee when added to the basket.

What do people advise? Looking to spend up to £400 at the most really, so what's best in my price range to start off with?
Phillips_91

11th Apr 12 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a canon 1100D, thats within budget and is a pretty good camera, fairly easy to get to grips with and you can get body and kit lens within your budget
Cavey

11th Apr 12 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check on http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk and see whether you can get a better deal.
Xs

11th Apr 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get the D3100 on there for £392, seen it cheaper I am sure. The thing confusing me is the lenses for the 3100, there is something about them and they are more expensive? So really looking for advice on what's best to start out on and will last me a while
Xs

18th Apr 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ended up buying a D3100, hoping I've made the right choice!
andy1868

20th Apr 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the lens thing with the D3100 is it doesn't have a built in focusing motor. So all you have to do is make sure when you're buying lenses that you get a G series lens (they're easy to spot because its in the name, but if you're not sure look at the mount end and see if its got an aperture ring, if it hasn't got one then it should work.)

it just means you can't take full advantage of the older AF and AF-D lenses. they'll fit your camera they just won't auto focus

[Edited on 20-04-2012 by andy1868]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Beginners digital SLR? Some advice please 24 database queries in 0.0094061 seconds