corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cars previous owner advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cars previous owner advice needed
~willow~

User status: Offline
9th Apr 12 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

advice needed please..

right we swapped a car end of last year and are yet to receive the log book, the police keep pulling us in said car too becuase its still registered to the previous keeper and hes still insured on it and its not showing my insurance on it? what can i do about this as its getting beyond a joke now keep getting pulled and them having to ring the insurance to make sure i do have insurance on it?? i dont have a contact number or details for the previous owner any more so cant get in touch with him? what can we do??
thanks xx
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 12 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Write to the DVLA and tell them in a letter that the ownership has changed.

You should have the green slip as proof the transaction took place?
~willow~

9th Apr 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and we have just applied for a new v5 btw..
~willow~

9th Apr 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea have green slip and have applied for a v5.. its the insurance though? why would he leave insurance on it? its gotta be like 6months we have owned it now!
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 12 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be insuring that and driving a higher risk car using the drive and cars clause.

Or he's forgotten or doesn't think he can cancel mid term.

No idea, that is money for nothing like.
~willow~

9th Apr 12 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, the car is a bora tdi so the insurance is most probs cheaper on it, the police wouldnt tell us who its insured with though so we cant even contact the insurer!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cars previous owner advice needed 23 database queries in 0.0088239 seconds