corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » The Official NWNW May Meet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official NWNW May Meet
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 12 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, May is going to bring a return to the great outdoors, we're going to have amazing scenery, fantastic roads and great weather (I've booked it ), not forgetting cake and of course, banter We're off for a drive around Cumbria

Due to the first Sunday being May Day Bank Holiday weekend I've opted for the second Sunday, obviously Bank Holidays and Lakes meets aren't particularly well suited.

The plan

An earlier meet up than usual, followed by a drive, probably a couple of stops for photo opportunities if people want too, then aim for the pub for the usual time.

The meeting point

Little Chef - Penrith
A66, Redhills,
Penrith,
Cumbria,
CA11 0DT

The route

Starting from Little Chef we're heading for the Whinlatter Pass then onto the truly stunning Honister Pass and then heading down to the pub in Kendal via Ambleside and Windermere.

The route is the same as last year, which had great reviews so I can guarantee it's a nice run for those that couldn't make it last time.

Route Map

The Pub

The Punch Bowl
Barrows Green
Stainton (A65)
Kendal
Cumbria
LA8 0AA

http://www.pub-explorer.com/cumbria/pub/punchbowlkendal.htm

Date and Times

The meet will be on 13th May. We will be meeting at the Little Chef from 12.15pm to leave at 1.00pm (to give chance for people to get some food if they want too). Obviously if you're planning to eat at the Little Chef make sure you arrive in good time so you're not holding people up/getting left behind. Leaving Little Chef at 1.00pm should give plenty of time for the drive and photo stops before getting to the pub at 4pm.

If anyone can't make the drive then feel free to meet us at the pub after where you'll be able to hear all about our day and eat cake

I look forward to seeing you all there, my legs are already jigging with excitement

ps. Last year's trip, just to wet your appetite

[Edited on 02-04-2012 by Mike]
Jenko_Sport

3rd Apr 12 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i come along id best raise the golf a bit!
flybikeslee

3rd Apr 12 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the last time i went the lakes meet i looked like this

Adster

4th Apr 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will try to come along just depends if the corsa is re-insured and i have the fuel
Mike
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's back on the road and you have the fuel, it's well worth it. Lovely drive.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Apr 12 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All over this.
kav

15th Apr 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gutted want to go on this but having a week away with the missus so il be skint
Nic Barnes

22nd Apr 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

among that, seeing as penrith is a whole 15 miles away.
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJ

25th Apr 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Count me in, aslong as i can keep my car from breaking randomly every couple of days
Nic Barnes

3rd May 12 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still going on next Sunday?
Mike
Premium Member

5th May 12 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah this is next Sunday isn't it, I'd forgot about the bank holiday. It's still on yeah, I might not be at Little Chef for food, I'll have to work it out as I'll now be starting from Scotland on the morning I'll have to have a look when I'm on the computer, see how long it's going to take to get to Penrith.
Mike
Premium Member

7th May 12 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really sorry lads, I'm not going to be able to make this now, my Scotland trip has somewhat changed now, I'm dropping a car off up there and I've just had word from one of my customers who's gone bust and told us we need to collect our machine before they have to leave the premises next Monday so that's my Sunday took up as it's up near Loch Lomand so I've no chance of making it. Properly gutted

If any of you still want to go, let us know and I'll try to sort you some directions for the route
baby8valve

9th May 12 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this still happening? Looks like an awesome drive !!
Mike
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 00:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't look like it I can't make it now and there doesn't seem to be much interest otherwise. I'd still recommend the drive if you've nothing planned, it's a great way to spend a couple of hours but as a meet, I'd say it was canceled
Ian
Site Administrator

10th May 12 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets use the word postponed, I'm still well up for it, just not when I'm trying to convince VBOA to let us in
Nic Barnes

10th May 12 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm still up for it so will do it next time
Mike
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, postponement works for me so keep your eyes pealed for the future thread
baby8valve

10th May 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh damn if anythings planned for the near future give me a shout

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » The Official NWNW May Meet 24 database queries in 0.0173030 seconds