corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Accessory key position?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Accessory key position?
Stuey

User status: Offline
24th Apr 03 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally bought myself a new Alpine MP3 head unit to replace what now seems like a very old Kenwood MASK unit. I haven't installed it just yet but there is one thing that has always bugged me. Ever since I replaced the standard factory fitted tape deck in my Corsa (B GSi), I cant use the head unit without having the ignition keys turned to the "On" position. With the shitty standard deck you could turn it on when the keys were just at the accessory position. I believe this is somehow based on the fact the standard unit had an internal relay or something. Is there any way to set up an aftermarket headunit in the same way. Im not keen on leaving my car in the "on" position for extended periods of time as I have heard it's bad for the coil and electrics of the car.
Richie

24th Apr 03 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine works at ACC!
corb

24th Apr 03 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wire the switch live(red cable on Alpine loom) to the permanent live(yellow cable on Alpine loom). There will be bullet connectors to make this possible. Depending on which unit you have, you might need to run a cable to the battery for the permanent live.

New Poll