corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ***Project C***

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ***Project C***
PanaceA

User status: Offline
24th Apr 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, My first car (project A) was a Citreon AX GT. 12 months after buying it totaly standard it was equipped with a performance manifold, exhaust, filter, big ass twin choke carb, lowered suspension, strut brace and some nice rare Compomotive MO 3 stud alloys in white. Nice little beast for a first car.
My second and current car is a Punto GT Turbo (GT3 version). I had many plans for this car but due to the high cost of insurance and the fragile engine I've decided to abort and start afresh with something new. I got to the "hybrid turbo" stage with the Punto but everyone was costing alot and not leaving my with a great deal for other things.
I've had the dent man out today to take care of 3 minor dents that careless muddi funksters had planted into the side of my car. Now my car is all ready to be inspected by potential buyers and show its face in the local autotrader.
This will leave me with a nice wod of cash to set about Project C. Project C, as some of you may already know, will eventualy be a Corsa 2.0l 16v Turbo.

Tha plan so far is:-

Get a good condition 1.4 Corsa Sport from the sales, this will set me back about £1500 (hopefully). I will then get straight to work with the newly aquired Corsa by firstly fitting a snap off steering wheel and de-locked door hanldes both for styling and protection purposes. Then, not long after, a nice set of big ass brakes and a full Koni adjustable kit. By this time I'll be looking out for a lovely C20LET If I can't find a decent second hand one then I'll have to go for a brand new one at £1600 but thats only if I'm desperate. Once and engine is found I'll report to Beardy where he can advise me on uprated engine mounts and driveshafts and, ultimately, fit the engine in its new and awaiting engine bay Before the engine is fitted and complete I will hopefully have dropped on a nice set of 15's, if not, its to the shop for a set of Speedlines ET49 6.5X15 on 195/50/15's.

Any advice on anything I'm doing would be appreciated or any tips that I may need to know?
Something I'm not sure on is the brake conversion, I know the 4 pot brakes are too big and don't operate properly so whats the next best thing? are the 2.0l 16v calibra ones the same as the Astra GSi ones? someone recommend me the best brake sto go for besides the 4 pot V6 ones.
Thanks alot!
Wish me luck!
BeArDy

24th Apr 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 pots are fine
astra GSI and calibra 16v are same brakes yes
better brakes 6 pots
PanaceA

24th Apr 03 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wups, I ment the V6 6 pots not 4
Arn't the 2.0l 16v Astra/Calibra/Cav 4 pot?
RickV6

24th Apr 03 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try www.raldes.co.uk for brakes they do wilwood 4 pots at a good price
BeArDy

24th Apr 03 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no non are 4 pots m8ty, not even V6 just V6 can hold bigger discs
Astra/Calibra/Cav are again not 4 pots, just smaller discs then V6
BeArDy

24th Apr 03 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye 4 pots are 140 per calipers, or 400 a set (discs pads etc)
RickV6

24th Apr 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look pretty good dont they, bargain price for 4 pots
PanaceA

24th Apr 03 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So whats the deal then? Cally 2.0l 16v calipers and discs are plenty? what will I need, simply the discs and calipers?
PanaceA

25th Apr 03 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hear there are alot of problems that can accure after fitting the C20LET because of the way it has been fitted, can anyone point these out and say how to avoid them?
Cheers
Still any tips on anything mentioned would be appreciated.
Oh, also, I hear Cortney do a spring/suspension kit specificly for a 2.0l Corsa, anyone know if its any good?
Cheers
dannycorsa c

25th Apr 03 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speedlines are 16" not 15" if ur goin 4 allesio 2s
PanaceA

25th Apr 03 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, was gunna get the ones that Renton had on his Corsa GSi, there a multi spoke and are done in 15 inch at ET49.
PanaceA

26th Apr 03 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looked up the wheels I mentioned in the post above, they're £126 each for 15's! might go for the Speedline Comp 2's instead.

New Poll