corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Problem with phone/ ipod touch wifi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem with phone/ ipod touch wifi
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me out. Whenever I'm on my wifi on my phone, or whenever anyone else is on their wifi on their touch, the service will randomly disconnect at times.

Whenever it happens I'll be sitting on the internet for a few minutes or something browsing and click a link and it just won't work. But when I turn the wifi off then on, straight away, it will work 100% again- same deal with the ipods/ iphones. This might happen anything up to about half a dozen times if I'm sitting browsing for about 30min. It's happened when I've been connected to my mates' wifi as well so I'm guessing it's not because of a problem with my house's wifi.

Anyone any idea what it might be?
Matty SRi

23rd Jan 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what it is but my phone used to do this when i got it, but through 3g not wifi. Would be sitting on the net on my phone and it would just stop and not load pages for about 2 minutes then work again.
Then it just sorted itself out and hasnt done it for months.
Bart

23rd Jan 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What router do you have it? Can you update its firmware?
alan-g-w

23rd Jan 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 3g works perfectly all the time as long as I have signal, I've seen myself switching the wifi off when in the house when it gets too annoying.

It's a netgear one Bart. It's my dad who takes to do with the PC so I'll get him on it and ask him, cheers
ash_corsa

23rd Jan 12 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My ipad used to do it constantly, really hacked me off, bought a new Sky wireless N router and its been fine since.

New Poll