corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Phone contract question - upgrade time

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone contract question - upgrade time
Cavey

User status: Offline
21st Oct 11 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weird one...

Basically when I tried to get an mobile contract a couple of years ago, I was unable to, due to me not paying too well about 7 years ago, although I can get a credit card and a mortgage...

So I did the natural thing and took it out in my missus' name, but using my bank details. Now 2 years on it's nearly upgrade/renewal time. Do I phone O2 and say look, can it be changed to my name as i've been paying it without any problems for 2 years now (essentially admitting to a teeny bit of fraud)

OR

Get the missus to phone, ask her to say she's shit with phones, and can my fella sort out my upgrade, so i'll be sorting it anyway, if they say no i'd have to be in the background trying to sort everything anyway.

Ideally i'd like to sort it all online, but doesn't seem to be playing and asks me call up O2, although i'm not allowed to upgrade till the 1st Nov anyway, hopefully i'll be able to sort it online after that date
Sam
Premium Member

21st Oct 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try for a new contract on your name.

If you don't get it, upgrade on your missus' account instead.
Cavey

21st Oct 11 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I did manage to get a new contract in my name, could I transfer the number across being that it's from 1 name to another? (I've got a really good/easy number so i'd want to keep it!)
Sam
Premium Member

21st Oct 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I think you'd have to convert it to PAYG and transferred into your name first though.

New Poll