corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » coilover help

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author coilover help
gez bay

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do strut braces actually make a noticeable difference on a car, if you fitted a front and rear for example?
Rob B

2nd Aug 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had AST's on mine after H&R's, the AST's were awesome, see if you can find some second hand?
gez bay

2nd Aug 11 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think if a really good 2nd hand set came up i'd have a look. I just feel better buying suspension new
CorsaSi

2nd Aug 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
Do strut braces actually make a noticeable difference on a car, if you fitted a front and rear for example?

coilovers + front and rear struts do transform the way a car drives and tbh is all thats needed, i was happy with mine with a 3 point rear strut and cusco front strut ( not a corsa though only had a rear strut on a corsa and that changed handling a bit )..

if your going to mod it for handling id go for decent coilovers, strut braces front and back, lower anti sway bars and anti lift kit + lsd if you got spare cash to throw around.

: )

gez bay

2nd Aug 11 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont want to throw money into the car and make it a pit.

iv'e got Gaz coilovers on the car now, but they've seen better days. so just looking at keeping it simple by getting new coilovers. If strutbraces are worth the £ then i'd look into those. Never bought a strut brace before so im just seeing if they're do actually work, and by what you said, they do seem worth looking into

Dont think i'd benifit a LSD in the clio, can put the power down quite well with the bhp it is.

[Edited on 02-08-2011 by gez bay]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

2nd Aug 11 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you just get the refurb'd prob be cheaper.
sc0ott

2nd Aug 11 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

H&R's?
CorsaSi

2nd Aug 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
i dont want to throw money into the car and make it a pit.

iv'e got Gaz coilovers on the car now, but they've seen better days. so just looking at keeping it simple by getting new coilovers. If strutbraces are worth the £ then i'd look into those. Never bought a strut brace before so im just seeing if they're do actually work, and by what you said, they do seem worth looking into

Dont think i'd benifit a LSD in the clio, can put the power down quite well with the bhp it is.

[Edited on 02-08-2011 by gez bay]

go second hand for the strut braces tbh, its a hard piece of metal providing they aint bent jobs a good en
gez bay

2nd Aug 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i was thinking, plenty of front and rear matching ones for sale. thanks for the input

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » coilover help 23 database queries in 0.0086441 seconds