corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » My 17" Double Racers don't fit on my SRi !

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My 17" Double Racers don't fit on my SRi !
ELZ_Sri

User status: Offline
14th Apr 03 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Kosei 17" Double Racers won't go on my 1.8 SRi. Its not an offset problem, its just that the centre 'hub' of the wheel is bigger than on the factory 16s that are coming off, and they foul the calipers. When they make contact with the calipers, the wheels are still some distance from the hub. The wheels are offset 48 which everyone seems to think would be ok, its just the SRi calipers that are the problem!
Luckily Wheelbase have been very good about it and I'm taking them back next week to get something that does go straight on.
Red_SXi

14th Apr 03 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if you put spacers on it, it'll make the wheels stick out further, making your offset less but pushing the wheel out so that it wont come into contact with the calipers. The factory 16's which i have on my Sxi now are ET40, so i think in 17's you might be able to go as low as ET42(ish) So 6mm spacers might be ok.
ELZ_Sri

14th Apr 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't want to push them further to the arches and risk having to do any arch mods - will wait and try others at Wheelbase - they were very helpful over the phone.
Demo

14th Apr 03 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem with my 15s mate. its caused by the shape of the nave(sp) on the wheel. i ground the bits on the caliper that hold the pin back down slightly and that cured it. careful you dont ground too far back though or the spring wont stay on
ELZ_Sri

14th Apr 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car is brand new and the calipers are the new spec red ones so I don't really want to be messing them up cos' they look quite good !

New Poll