corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » West Midlands » Reliable and trustworthy garages

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Reliable and trustworthy garages
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jul 11 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are there any garages that people exclusively use near Dudley/Stourbridge/Halesowen way that actually do a good job?

A lot of the places round here are shit, it speaks volumes when I say the local Ford dealers do a much better job than the independent garages (especially ones on the so called "good garage scheme").

Fed up of taking our cars to people that do shit jobs and try to rip us off.
thegsi

8th Jul 11 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What exactly do you need doing? and what car is it? Just general stuff?
Sam
Premium Member

8th Jul 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=609284 for a start
thegsi

8th Jul 11 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, relating to that thread (no pun) I would advise getting a new sump pan, nut and gasket and starting a fresh. I don't know how confident you are on fitting it yourself but it really isn't a difficult task, just fiddly. If you're not interested in tackling it yourself, then I'd advise getting all the bits off the internet and getting them done by a garage rather than get it helicoiled. I had the gearbox mounts helicoiled on my F28 and it's not what I consider a perminent fix and if its not done 100% accurately, forget it working at all.

I try and avoid garages at all costs because of the point you mentioned but if you want a reputable garage to trust, I'd try Copper and Chinn in Kidderminster. Good reputable firm and well established. Ask for Keith. As are High Tech Motorsport in Cradley Heath. Ask for Mick.

Also, I know a good bloke who is shit hot and cheap with all mechanics. His name is Les, call him on 01562 743134. Real nice chap and knows his stuff.

Hope that helps you.

[Edited on 08-07-2011 by thegsi]
Sam
Premium Member

8th Jul 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. It's not so much that I'm not confident, it's just round here everything is on a hill including our house and driveway so I try not to jack the car up on the driveway unless I really have to!

Have you used High Tech before? I assume they work on boring standard cars too? We'll soon be moving to a place in Quarry Bank so they will be quite close to us.

I don't want to get a new sump if I don't need to, esp. if the price is anything like what Ford have quoted (£276.50 + VAT just for the sump and associated bits).
Chris_corsab

10th Jul 11 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where bouts u from? Im from halesowen what car u drive mite cya around... I use mobile mechanic so you can watch them doin it on your own drive
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 11 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SW Motors
Sam
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » West Midlands » Reliable and trustworthy garages 24 database queries in 0.0140128 seconds