corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yet another Computer Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yet another Computer Problem
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Apr 03 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a long black lead coming out of the back of my computer, it has a white square box on the end with three prongs, looks like it shuld plug into summit ne ideas wot? and i cant get the damn thing to turn on, ne ideas?
DJ_Voodoo

9th Apr 03 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve106GTi
I have a long black lead coming out of the back of my computer, it has a white square box on the end with three prongs, looks like it shuld plug into summit ne ideas wot? and i cant get the damn thing to turn on, ne ideas?

AndyW

9th Apr 03 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmm i had ths trouble took it bck in the end, they did what they do came round n installed it, works ok now, cost £200 tho.
Trotty

9th Apr 03 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it to PC World - they're very helpful there! They can run some diagnostics and give your pc a system health check for around £50 - bargain IMO! I'm sure they can help you

Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 03 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahahahaha i went into PC world the other day and looked into there "PC Clinic" wot a joke, u culd so tell theyd opened up a PC that was shagged and left it like that just so it looked like they were working and looked like they knew wot they were doing
Trotty

9th Apr 03 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds about right, bunch of feckin' tossers IMO
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 03 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AHHHHHHH CRACKED IT, I ATTACHED IT TO THE CATS TAIL NOW IT WORX YAAY
Mikorsa16v

9th Apr 03 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah pc world is ghey as u wud say
Prometheus

9th Apr 03 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PC World....what a bunch of cowboys !
Makarus

9th Apr 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PC World know jack sh!t in my professional opinion.

There supposedly amazing "PC Health Check" is just a program called "PC Check" that PC World slapped their name on.

They know feck all, I now just go in there and ask them questions and watch them squirm as they try to answer for fun.
Prometheus

9th Apr 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Healthcheck. All it does is a virus check, runs scandisk, defrag and a few other basic things.......
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Apr 03 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and while they at it they browse through all your lovely personal stuff.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 03 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is ur username willay? is it sumthing to do with the size of your meat?
Dan B

10th Apr 03 at 03:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once showed one of the PC World salesmen a printed price-sheet from one the computer-shops I normally go to, and asked why PC World's prices were amazingly so much higher...

His response was that in PC World, everything is boxed and guaranteed, and the extra money helps to pay for helpful and friendly staff, and excellent premises.

I replied that the place I had a price-sheet for had helpful/friendly/technical staff, everything was boxed/guaranteed, the shop was in a prime location, and yet their prices were still 25% below PC World's. He couldn't reply, and asked if I actually wanted to buy something. I replied "nope, just looking, thanks", and he walked off.

Always amusing!

[Edited on 10/04/2003 by Dan B]
mrempire

10th Apr 03 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trotty: I used to work as a Technician at pcworld before i came a network administrator for a large betting company, and Take it from me, The things that happened in our store (0780, Stoke) you wouldnt want to know, as for the PC Health Check, Well... I wouldnt even bother... Scandisk/msconfig/disk cleanup and then norton 2002 is ran on the system...
Cybermonkey

10th Apr 03 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, there are enough people out there now that do not know anything about computers, but will take it to PCWorld for another beloved health check. There is always a queue at the health check counter in stevenage branch.
Trotty

10th Apr 03 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mrempire
Trotty: I used to work as a Technician at pcworld before i came a network administrator for a large betting company, and Take it from me, The things that happened in our store (0780, Stoke) you wouldnt want to know, as for the PC Health Check, Well... I wouldnt even bother... Scandisk/msconfig/disk cleanup and then norton 2002 is ran on the system...

That sounds about right. I get great satisfaction in just listening to the amount of bullshit they spout to customers at times, it's bloody awful.

Thing is, I'm sure they assume that everyone they speak to is clueless about computers - nothing better than playing dumb sometimes...

Mwahahahahaha!

(BTW, Try getting some info out of them about Unix )

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yet another Computer Problem 23 database queries in 0.0088751 seconds