corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone got Insignia washer jets fitted to a B?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone got Insignia washer jets fitted to a B?
Partyvan
Banned

User status: Offline
14th Apr 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking they could be put in the scuttle panel? Anyone done this?

(for those that don't know - Insignia jets are really good, they spray a flat blade of fluid instead of droplets)
Jed D

14th Apr 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had some in the bonnet in my old b, but good idea putting them in scuttle panel

i also changed the pump for the jets on mine to a one way one (no rear hose) and it was loads more powerful as aposed to the standard one somehow.

[Edited on 14-04-2011 by JedDy]
Partyvan
Banned

14th Apr 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
had some in the bonnet in my old b, but good idea putting them in scuttle panel

i also changed the pump for the jets on mine to a one way one (no rear hose) and it was loads more powerful as aposed to the standard one somehow.

[Edited on 14-04-2011 by JedDy]

Thanks for the info, do the insignia jets fit in the bonnet then? I thought they were a bit different.

Also by a one-way pump do you mean 1x outlet? If so I'll do that as I dont have a rear wiper
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/fit-mist-washer-23536.html

There you go, should show you what you need and how

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
AlexW

14th Apr 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all corsa is down?
Darryl H
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this happens every time. keep refreshing it works fine for me

Darryl H
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For those that can't see it:

quote:
Originally posted on All Corsa

After fitting the Insignia washer or ‘mist’ jets to my coupe I received a few pm’s asking how easy it would be to fit a set to a mk3, it would not of been an easy task with out relocating the jets to the scuttle panel but then what do you do with the old jets still in the bonnet! There’s a few reasons to upgrading the washer jets, the standard 4 jets of screen wash are quite poor and is normally never enough to clean the screen effectively.

Then a thread popped up about replacement ‘mist’ jets which may have been suitable for the mk3 after some modification, these where from a Citroen XSARA! A quick scan of eBay and after a few days I had some new washer jets (by now you may be wondering why I am doing this… …read on )

You new jets whether you buy them from eBay or a dealer should look like this, and the bag they arrived in for reference:

Next you need to get your self a couple of M8 nuts, not nylon lock nuts though as they are too deep, and a couple of suitable washer, (I’m using stainless steel ones)

Remove the thin rubber seal that is fitted to each jet, don’t loose them though!

You can see the jets will not be a direct fit for the mk3 bonnet so some modification is required, note the difference between the jet on the left and the jet on the right which has been trimmed using a Stanley knife:

Next you will need to file or dremel the thick plastic stumps down abit but its important not to take to much off, if the nut slips down the shaft to the base of the jet you have gone to far! The jet on the right shows the plastic stumps reduced to about the right thickness:

The next stage shows you a tool which is used to cut threads, its important to use one that will cut the correct thread for the nuts so in this case I‘m using an M8 1.5 Die. Now you will be cutting plastic so you need to go slow and keep it level, I clamped the jet in a vice with a piece of rag to protect it and then went for it. The handles are used to twist the die cutter while applying a little down-ward pressure.
I found because the shaft of the jet isn’t very long and the die is quite deep it was had to cut it in the vice so I removed the die from the handles and did the cutting by gripping the die with my hand and twisting clockwise which wasn’t to hard:

You should then have jet with a thread!

Replace the rubber seal and add your washer and check your nuts screw on

Next job is to fit them, remove the old jet from the bonnet, they are clipped in but I found tapping them out with a screw driver from underneath work well, remove the water pipe, I found the best way was to twist and pull quite hard!

Fit the new jet in place of the old on insuring the rubber seal is between the jet and bonnet, place the washer on and secure with the nut, make sure the jet is pointing at the screen and refit the water pipe. Do the same for the other jet and test the washers to make sure you are getting good coverage on the screen, if not, loosen the nut and adjust etc. I did find fitting the new jet with the nut and washer quite fiddly as the holes to get your fingers in are tiny so there's a good chance of dropping the nut or washer in the bonnet cavity so be cautious!

So we have gone from this rather broken and blocked jet:

To this:

A massive improvement in my opinion and I'm sure it will be even better once the washer bottle filter has been cleaned out too. (note this is just a quick snap shot of them in action)

I ‘m sure you have guessed this mod was carried out on Jo’s Corsa B because her jets were shockingly bad :laugh: however it will work on a mk3 Astra and Vectra B and probably a few others too!

[Edited on 14-04-2011 by Darryl H]

Generation

14th Apr 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AC has been working for ages. Some people usually talk talk as ISP have problems... I been able to log in any and everytime since site was rebuilt and problems solved few weeks ago
Partyvan
Banned

14th Apr 11 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/fit-mist-washer-23536.html

There you go, should show you what you need and how

Fucking awesome dude
Darryl H
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JaffaTB

15th Apr 11 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fitted some to mine in the scuttle, was ok, changed mine to wash and wipe system on my single wiper tho

New Poll