corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » acceleration

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author acceleration
Black Corsa SRi

User status: Offline
5th Apr 03 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway lets not get into this! LOL theres loads of arguin about this on here! but either way both are really closely matched so i wrecken all 3 of our cars 106 XSi 8v, COrsa 1.4Si 8v and Corsa 1.4Sri 16v would have trouble beaten either to 60 cause they all fairly evenly matched! LOL above 60 the 16v etc comes into play but i know my top speed is hindered cause of the closer ratio gear box but 60-100 thats a different story! LOL!
106xsi

5th Apr 03 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

matt_jonesuk what are you talking about!i have had 2 XSi's so i know how quick they are.
how can you possibly think that your 8v is faster than BCS's 16v?? explain that please! even vauxhall dont agree with you.
i would also be very interested to know how you can have beaten an XSi to 60. i promise there is nothing in it with a 16v SRi.. trust me i've done it with a std XSi and a std SRi 16v.
And im very impressed that your car 'isnt running well' and still runs stupid 0-60 times that can beat 2 cars that are so blatently quicker.. wish my car was running that badly!!

..Dave
Black Corsa SRi

5th Apr 03 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 106xsi
matt_jonesuk what are you talking about!i have had 2 XSi's so i know how quick they are.
how can you possibly think that your 8v is faster than BCS's 16v?? explain that please! even vauxhall dont agree with you.
i would also be very interested to know how you can have beaten an XSi to 60. i promise there is nothing in it with a 16v SRi.. trust me i've done it with a std XSi and a std SRi 16v.
And im very impressed that your car 'isnt running well' and still runs stupid 0-60 times that can beat 2 cars that are so blatently quicker.. wish my car was running that badly!!

..Dave

Class! I agree
matt_jonesuk

5th Apr 03 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its been running bad for about 3 days i havent raced it in the last 3 days

i was going on what other people had said on this board that the 8 valve 1.4 is faster 0 -60 than the 16 valve cause of high torque i didnt say they were faster top end. An if u dont want to believe my 0 - 60 times then fine im not really bothered i can do 0 - 60 faster than wot the factory times say so what? BCS's 16 valve if it was standard would beat the factory times. I just stated the fact that i have driven and been in both cars whilst they have been driven and noticed in my opinion that the XSI wasnt as nippy... i've never driven a 16valve corsa and have never raced one so the info i got about the 8 valve bein faster 0 -60 was off this board...
s4k1b

5th Apr 03 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt_jonesuk
not sure which it is all i know is its a 1.4 8 valve its in a GLS 5dr

mines a 1 of them. but mines 16v engine. same engine as the ones in corsa SRi (M95-) or Sport
Adam-D

5th Apr 03 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all bolloks a friend of mine left me in a 1.25 5 door mk5 fiesta my car is a 1.4 8v acceleration top speed its shite
on the twisty stuff i lost sight of the fezzie!!!
and-m

5th Apr 03 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
its all bolloks a friend of mine left me in a 1.25 5 door mk5 fiesta my car is a 1.4 8v acceleration top speed its shite
on the twisty stuff i lost sight of the fezzie!!!

Is it the 60bhp or the 82bhp version though? The 1.25 is 75bhp.
broster
Premium Member

5th Apr 03 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 16v is faster than the 8v i recon, but the xsi will beat the corsa to 60 cuz it only needs to stay in 2nd gear, the corsa needs to be in 3rd to get to 60. but the xsi aint much faster!
Black Corsa SRi

5th Apr 03 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
the 16v is faster than the 8v i recon, but the xsi will beat the corsa to 60 cuz it only needs to stay in 2nd gear, the corsa needs to be in 3rd to get to 60. but the xsi aint much faster!

LOL yeah that true about the gears but b4 now i've had 55 in second but that is slightly in the red, and it was only once by mistake and never again! LOL but my SRi can keep up with my mates XSi, but at the end of the day none of us r race drivers so quoted times dont mean as much, its whos driving!
Dan_Corsa

5th Apr 03 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 1.4 8v is no way faster than a 1.4 16v,people on the board may of said that the 8v has more torque low down,but it doesn't mean there quicker,and a 106 xsi 1.4 8v with 100bhp produce's more power and torque than the corsa 1.4 8v and also the 106 is lighter,so i would love 2 c a standard 1.4 8v corsa beat a 106 xsi and also matt_jonesuk i would like 2 know how you timed your 0-60 time
broster
Premium Member

5th Apr 03 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woodnt mind swoppin my 16v engine for his 8v!
Dan_Corsa

5th Apr 03 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
woodnt mind swoppin my 16v engine for his 8v!

who wouldn't,y do a a 1.4 16v engine conversion when u can do a 1.4 8v conversion cheaper and have more power
broster
Premium Member

5th Apr 03 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do ppl recon to a superchip in a 1.4 16v engine with a viper induction kit? any good?
matt_jonesuk

6th Apr 03 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can get 55 outta 2nd gear to.
Like isaid i dont care if u dont believe my 0 - 60 times.

the only reason i said 8 valve was faster 0 -60 than a 16 valve was cause other people had said it previous on this board.

An i dunno how i beat my mates 106 XSI maybe jus a better driver i was jus asking WHY my car could have beaten it because the 106 XSI has more BHP. An also my car feels more nippy perhaps its not...... perhaps my mates car is messed up i dunno dont really care

Matt

Cybermonkey

7th Apr 03 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most of you know jack-shit about corsas. Matt, your car ISNT quick, its a 1.4 5door. Enough said there. And about red-lining your car, it does NO damage to the engine. A rev limiter is there for a reason, its not to be passed unless you want to damage the engine. You cant pass the rev limiter on a std ECU, therefore you are doing NO damage to the engine, as long as you look after it properly.

Dave
Black Corsa SRi

7th Apr 03 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by matt_jonesuk

Like isaid i dont care if u dont believe my 0 - 60 times.

Yeah but as someone has already said i'd be interested to know how u've recorded them!
SXIBOYO

7th Apr 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guys do u think the pug was going backwards or summit cos then our schumacher in the lovely five door corsa mite have beaten him with his 'red lining'
Black Corsa SRi

7th Apr 03 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll