corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone know anything about renault clios? bottom balljoints specifically.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone know anything about renault clios? bottom balljoints specifically.
LeeM

User status: Offline
6th Feb 11 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like a dickhead my mother booked her car into kwik fit for an mot, its a 2003 renault clio 1.2
theyve told her it needs a bottom balljoint, and theres 2 kinds a 10mm and a 12mm, one is £45 and the other £90. i told her theyd come back saying its the £90 and surprise surprise it has. ive been on eurocarparts and theres only one listed for her reg and its £12

is there 2 kinds or are they taking the piss? firstly im going out to check if its gone and if it has im buying and fitting the new balljoint myself for her but theyre charging her a retest fee of £25 :@
laingyla

6th Feb 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure theres only one kind dude , dodgy bastards kwik fit hahahaha
Claire

6th Feb 11 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They sometimes have two sizes - one for models with PAS and one for models without. Those prices seem very expensive, though!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone a Renault parts department. Best place to check

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
bally2010
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did one on my gfs mums car and cost me £12 from a normal motorfactor did the job perfect to
Baskey

6th Feb 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £24 for two for a Clio 172. Take the car to a local garage for the work if I was you
Mertin

6th Feb 11 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one for my mums 01 clio just last month and it was £9 and thats the 2nd time iv done them and never been told theres two types. Cant see whats so special or different to warrant £90 for a ball joint!
AshWatson

6th Feb 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

90 quid for a ball joint sounds like a kwik fit rip off special lol

[Edited on 06-02-2011 by AshWatson]
lozarus

6th Feb 11 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are two types yes 10 and 12mm 12's are sport models and 10's i pressume are base models. however i got bottom ball joint with discount for £2.68 from eurocarparts and lower arms for £12 :wink:
SportBoy

6th Feb 11 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rip off . there very similar to a corsa b balljoint and similar price too.
LeeM

7th Feb 11 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys. im just gonna buy one for £12 from ecp. ive not had chance to check it yet though its probably not even worn
what pissed me off was when they tried telling me the tracking would need doing after the balljoint had been changed. cunts

[Edited on 07-02-2011 by LeeM]
Mertin

7th Feb 11 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are a common problem on clios, past 2 years iv had to do pass side then drivers side for mot
john_redtop

7th Feb 11 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got 1 for the g.f clio cost £11 garages always try to rip women on car stuff

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone know anything about renault clios? bottom balljoints specifically. 24 database queries in 0.0144260 seconds