corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you have a diesel as a stop start car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you have a diesel as a stop start car
Neo

User status: Offline
17th Jan 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Be careful if it's a diesel with DPF, it'll be shocking on MPG and will need servicing frequently.

Pardon ? Explain that argument ? Mine has a DPF as will do low 60's average doing 500 mixed miles a week.

To answer the op, if its a good price, why not ?
whitter45

17th Jan 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i think everyone talks crap tbh

people buy diesels as their dad has one and they think its going to save them thousands of pounds each year.

most people save feck all and find themselves driving a car they don't like when they think they are saving mega money in the long term.

yet people don't mind wasting money on depreciation/VAT etc and pay thousands of thousands more than a car is REALLY worth.

Should something brand new really break in the first few years?

Stop start car wtf, cars don't break because of that and i'm sure 99% of CS won't own a car that long to find out

a car will always fail at some point whether its a day old or 15 years old - it has many complex parts most of which are moving parts

If no one bought new cars then the cost of seond hand cars would increase - therefore people who want to buy new cars do and those who dont dont

Each to their own personal circumstances

You cant afford to buy the car you want from the factory (i.e brand new hence why you buy second hand

Others can

Either way there is no right or wrong so in all honesty you are the one who talks shite
mwg

17th Jan 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think most diesel have DPF's these days and I think it was only the early ones that had problems when it was new technology. Seems to be standard fair now.
Neo

17th Jan 11 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure you are right matt. Mine was new 2 and a bit years ago, done 55k, dpf hasn't had a fault yet.
3CorsaMeal

17th Jan 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:

If no one bought new cars

i always forgot this point

i wouldn't have a car to buy if no one has bought it new.

so yes, keep on buying new cars, so us poor people can afford a car once its reached a reasonable value
pow
Premium Member

17th Jan 11 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

people buy diesels as their dad has one and they think its going to save them thousands of pounds each year.

most people save feck all and find themselves driving a car they don't like when they think they are saving mega money in the long term.

yet people don't mind wasting money on depreciation/VAT etc and pay thousands of thousands more than a car is REALLY worth.

Should something brand new really break in the first few years?

Stop start car wtf, cars don't break because of that and i'm sure 99% of CS won't own a car that long to find out

I can assure you that I bought a diesel to do my 15-17k a year because it's cheaper to run, not on internet rumor. I did the sums.
3CorsaMeal

17th Jan 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldn't find a diesel corrado had to buy the petrol
mwg

17th Jan 11 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm a Corrado with the Audi 3.0 TDI engine in would be pretty sweet!
deano87

17th Jan 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Pardon ? Explain that argument ? Mine has a DPF as will do low 60's average doing 500 mixed miles a week.

Someone at work got a Qashqai+2 for the misses to ferry their 6 kids about. The warned them off getting a derv because she does about £7k miles a year and they wouldn't see any cost difference against a petrol.

The MPG bit might have been a lie
Mertin

17th Jan 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate all the talk of you have to do x amount of years for it to be worth having a diesel
My diesel wasnt more expensive than the petrol equivalent (maybe it was but not noticeable, maybe a few £100, bought it a year old) it costs less to insure and tax than the petrol, i love the way it drives and pulls and so easily tuned and engines built strongly

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you have a diesel as a stop start car 23 database queries in 0.0237951 seconds