corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Fault Codes and Pedal Test - not working

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Fault Codes and Pedal Test - not working
Helen

User status: Offline
20th Dec 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys

The engine management light has been on in my Corsa C for ages now. It's being a nightmare to start despite just having a service (oil change, oil and air filters, glo plugs). Just been under the tutorials thread and tried the pedal test to create a fault code but no joy. I was definitely doing it right so can't understand why it didn't work.

I'm guessing that either there is no fault code to show or the car doesn't recognise what I'm asking it to do with the pedal test. Although it's a 54 reg so I would have imagined that it would have the technology to support it.

Any ideas?????
AlexW

20th Dec 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless the engine management light has been on, it wont store a code normally.

Has it had a fuel filter recently?
Could be worth getting somebody to have a look at it anyway, see if its a glow plug problem (Wiring wise i mean).
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Dec 10 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's had a fuel filter, not checked the glow plug loom although all the old ones were in similar condition. EML is on so there must be something to read?
AlexW

20th Dec 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah feck, missed that bit

Don't know why the pedal trick didn't work.
lozarus

20th Dec 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glow plug relay ? 1.3cdti ? if it is i'd definately be replacing that next.
Warren G

20th Dec 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its a diesel then check the glow plugs
Helen

20th Dec 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a 1.3cdti diesel yer. Glow plugs were changed about 2 weeks ago and it was great for a while. Until the weather warmed up again and ever since the problem has returned

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Fault Codes and Pedal Test - not working 23 database queries in 0.0131450 seconds