corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » BB and phone

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BB and phone
Terry12

User status: Offline
8th Dec 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As me and the wife are moving into our new house next week we need to sort phone and BB out.

I like the TalkTalk deal because it offers free calls to Eastern Europe, Which is handy for the wife to phone home.

Are they reliable? Any other suggestions for phone and BB package?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

8th Dec 10 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just gone with BT £13.99 for BB an unlimited evening and weekend calls.

If you can get the £20 sky offer for TV, BB and Phone in your area that's another decent deal!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Terry12

9th Dec 10 at 04:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers chap, is that price including line rental? Do you get a router or anything in that deal?

I'm hoping Dan will sort us the code for the sky HD package.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the Sky HD deal yesterday, most BB and Phone's come with a router but line rental is usually extra!

£9.99 with BT if you pay 12months up front or £13.29 monthly without anything up front.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Pablo

9th Dec 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2 i went with
Terry12

9th Dec 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mobile is with O2, what do you pay and what mb is the bb?
Sam
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We pay £7.50/month for 8Mb broadband with o2 (including our o2 customer discount).
A2H GO

9th Dec 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We went with 02, due to being on PAYG with them. £9.50pm line rental and free 20mb BB for the year.

ps. we got this deal as we were with them last year and were going to cancel after the 12 months but offered the free BB for 12 months if we moved our home phone to them (although the line rental is still £2pm cheaper than BT)

[Edited on 09-12-2010 by A2H GO]
Dan
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terry...

With sky, i have that package your gonna get.

We then pay 17.50 ontop for line rental and unlimited broadband. Also get free eve/wkend calls.

Do you have a bt line? If not, bt will want £100, sky wanted £10!!

Dan

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Terry12

10th Dec 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too sure if there's a line there. When buying the house the pack stated there was a line with BT. O2 called the other week offer their phone and BB. The guy did a check and said there's no service to the house.
Dan
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In that case I'd defo go with sky. Phone bt and see if u have a line. The bloke did our install today and was the under 5mins!!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Terry12

10th Dec 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just did the online check on Sky's site, It came back with this:

Currently we estimate that the maximum download speed your line could support is 8 - 10Mb Help

Great news - you're in a Sky Broadband network area, so you can choose from Sky Broadband Everyday Lite or Unlimited. You can also benefit from free evening and weekend UK# landline calls with Sky Talk and you'll save £5 per month on Sky Broadband with any Sky Talk calls package.

You don't currently have an active landline so any broadband and talk products are dependent on you also taking Sky Talk line rental. We will need to arrange for an engineer visit to install a new Sky Talk phone line at your property as part of the checkout process.

So looks like i'll have to pay the £10 to have a new line installed which is no issue.

Just waiting on the code and i'll get it all ordered.

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by Terry12]

New Poll