corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » smaller conversions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smaller conversions
gt punto

User status: Offline
1st Apr 03 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
isnt there a 3litre v6 corsa somewhere???

would that the very heavy and sluggish, but i suppose it would look the part
Kerry

1st Apr 03 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mornin andy
Andy

1st Apr 03 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
log book u just send off, with the changes on, no cost and they ask for nothing......

theres no point going for a 1.6 unless u have ALOT of money to spend on engine, and i am not talking a few k, we are taking loads (ask Andy), as the 1.6 isent very good really for money to speed ratio.
best way to put it is patricks 1.6 fitted and with the throttle bodys, costs say :-
1500 for engine conv
1500 for throttle bodys (and odds and ends)
total 3k
u can do a 2lt 16v for about half that
and just look at both Adam K's and Patricks 1/4 mile times, and adam K's is still STANDARD where patricks is modded, to the limits of a normal persons money can take them, (Andys bank manger must be mad)

2lt 16vs is alot better and is worth the few extra pennys

Good thread this. I agree with most of what's been said on here - if you want the best bang for your bucks, then 2L is the most cost-effective route for straight line speed. However, where the 1.6 loses out in torque and power, it has a slight advantage handling-wise, though prob not that much. I never meant to go as far as I have with tuning my 1.6 - but remember that the 1.6 it was in the car to start with. If I were to do a transplant, I'd either start with a 2L (but I also think a 2.2L in a Corsa would be cool ).

To build a race-spec 200+bhp 1.6 lump costs around £5.5k - so yeah, not cheap. But to get 200+bhp from a 2L, you're still looking at around £2K for a TB kit, plus the cost of the lump, plus the fitting of the engine - it's cheaper, but not by much!!
vibrio
Banned

1st Apr 03 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy

I never meant to go as far as I have

s that what you tell the wife when she is holding the babies
Andy

1st Apr 03 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah - just kick myself for believing that 'withdrawal technique' crap!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » smaller conversions 23 database queries in 0.0118968 seconds