corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » mike-b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mike-b
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
12th Nov 10 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the plans then matey for car?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 02:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u more appropriate?
Nic Barnes

12th Nov 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the incident wasnt u2u related so no
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's approaching the end of its life unfortunately. It's fixable back to track standard but Tom Simes has offered me his old shell and engine for a price that can't be turned down so whatever's needed for the new shell can be taken off mine then the rest gets split.

The result a straight 1.6 track car so I'm just waiting to hear back about the storage that's been offered for it.

In the meantime I'm driving my brother's car and I'm on the hunt for a daily so it didn't end too badly
Phillips_91

12th Nov 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't crash this one
Nic Barnes

12th Nov 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good news from some bad news i guess. hoping to see your new vehicle racking up daft miles again sometime soon
Mike
Premium Member

12th Nov 10 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least it should be a nice comfy daily this time though. I'm already going to Knockhill tomorrow in our Phil's car so the lack of a car still hasn't stopped me. The new Corsa will be a dedicated track car so I'll have to get a trailer sorted and my towing entitlement probably, most of the cars I've been looking at are too heavy to stay under the 3.5 tonne train.

It's funny too, since Sunday I've not really seen the crash as a bad thing apart from my hand cos it's been a pain in the arse. I had my Mum driving me round on Monday and Tuesday whilst she was off work and just generally using it all week has been painful, but car wise, it's disappointing, I'll have had it 5 years on the 26th of this month so it's a shame it's not gonna manage it's full five years of trusty ownership, it's been a boss car but it doesn't make sense to keep the shell with it having the rear quarter damage, Tom's shell isn't exactly mint, it's got abuse scratched into most panels but it's straight and as much as I love the 1.2 it's getting tired now and it's not worth taking the 1.6 out just for the lols of having a 1.2, it just means I've got to aim higher now when I'm out on track, instead of XE Novas I'll have to start looking at M3s and Scoobys
jibjob

12th Nov 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I've not really seen the crash as a bad thing apart from my hand cos it's been a pain in the arse.

You're doing it wrong Mike! You don't put your hand up you own arse!

Theres plenty of 1.6 parts at mine should you want a ported and polished head or overbored bottom end freshly rebuilt

Good luck though mate
Adam_B

12th Nov 10 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hows the hand now?

Like I said at Oulton Park if theres any non vaux parts you need give us a shout

[Edited on 12-11-2010 by Adam_B]
Mike
Premium Member

13th Nov 10 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hand's still not 100%, swelling's gone down but it's still painful at times, getting better though
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Nov 10 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I didn't check on the hand today, didn't notice if it was still massive

When are we going for this shell then

Guess you don't want to do three countries in two days
Mike
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 00:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideal time for Tom is next weekend, he's back at his parents for the weekend so he's offered mugs of tea and he's got lots of cheap Corsa bits if you're interested
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should buy mine
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Nov 10 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs to be Sunday, got Gaz and Kat's wedding Saturday, don't want to cut it fine.
Mike
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
should buy mine

Is it free?

Sunday would be fine for me if you're ok with it Just waiting to hear back from Ste, he's checking with his dad that it's ok having them both at the farm, I thought I better ask why at least one car will end up outside the garage
GregGsi
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mike if you need out of a hand just let me no pal send me your number age to pal will weet up with you soon pal 07765636613

BHP vaux
ste_p23

14th Nov 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missed all this whats happened to the 1.2 mike?
Phillips_91

14th Nov 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he graced the walls of oulton park with his presence
ste_p23

14th Nov 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phillips_91
he graced the walls of oulton park with his presence

oops last time we spoke you seemed confident on the track mike what went wrong?

Dont have a vid of it do you?
Mike
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No vid, I basically put a wheel on the grass then as I tried to steer back onto the track, the back end overtook me and I slid across the track into an armco barrier, bodywork's slightly bent and something's broke on the steering. It's probably fairly easily fixable (apart from the rear quarter damage) but I've been offered this shell which just makes more sense. It is a bit gutting like, it was my first car but it seems a waste of time and money to fix it with the opportunity I've been given with this new shell and engine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » mike-b 25 database queries in 0.0122640 seconds