corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO any one who's carried out a 2.0 16v engine transplant

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO any one who's carried out a 2.0 16v engine transplant
wainey

User status: Offline
29th Mar 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates old engine in his mk3 just about saw 164mph but that was a 2.5 v6, with 3litre high lift cams, lightened and balanced bottom end and flywheel and ported and polished head, thought 2.0 valves did sumet like 145 flat out? perhaps the R1 flew past him at 162 and told him the speed he flew past at!
K100RSA

29th Mar 03 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would need to be doing 4600 rpm in fifth with that box to get that speed, mine cruises at 100mph at 3500 rpm, so if it was down a very long steep hill, with a tail wind and a sail, still dont think it would do that sort of speed. and from personal experience can tell you that at above 130 you need a couple of lanes on the motorway to keep tha damn car in a straight line, corsas just werent designed to do that sort of speed.

[Edited on 29-03-2003 by K100RSA]
Colin.S

29th Mar 03 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_Corsa
hi i'm just about to under take a 2.0 16v(150bhp) engine transplant and i was just wonderin what radiator i should use do i have 2 use the gsi/gte radiator thats fitted in the astra?if so is the radiator bigger and any suggestions on how 2 go about mounting it?

cheers
Dan

When i fitted mine i drilled a new hole for the peg on the bottom of the rad.
As you look in the engine bay its the one on the left (drivers side) then it keeps the rad away from the exaust.
Also if you do it like this you dont have to cut bits out of the housing for the fan.
Dan_Corsa

30th Mar 03 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx for that,think i'm gonna take a look at doin your way

cheers
Dan

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll