corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » E39 M5 vs wrx sti

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E39 M5 vs wrx sti
aim1

User status: Offline
13th Oct 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As much as I love scoobys and the noise they make, the overall package, looks, build and drive of the M5 win for me. Local guy has a black M5 and with the cats taken out it sounds like thunder!
colonel_g

13th Oct 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

barnpoor, up the budget a littlebit
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1879812.htm
CORSA NUT

13th Oct 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! Hold the fucking phone!

I've just come back on here and was going to reply to your thread Barnshaw....

I saw the tick against the side and thought WTF I haven't even made a post yet! Then I saw all this shit on here

You have Dom to thank for that a mate of mine who's just been helping me sort my garage. I left the laptop unattended for a bit I'm afraid. No wonder he was laughing when he left before! Fucking doughnut.

Anyway I was going to say Broster had one so U2U him but looks like he's already told you what you need to know about the M5 in my opinion though I'd get a P1 and make it 400 brake the newages lose a lot of the 'Raw' feeling you get from a Scooby IMO, you sound like your after a newer car though so maybe that's just not an option? Have you thought about a Mazda 3 MPS like Grahams? I really did like the few I've driven but there still a bit 'Raw' I suppose

I'd say try the M5 as it will be the same thereabouts with petrol and insurance but I just hope nowt goes wrong with it. Is Broster willing to sell his maybe??

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by CORSA NUT]

lol its cool mate, i did look at P1's, look fab and big eck posted one recently that looked immense, just not sure i could part with the money for an older scoob. Yea Vanos issue might not always be serious and normally is just solenoids , again thanks for the help will see how it goes

I know what your saying...there are some MINT P1's for sale around 9K but for that money you could have a 04 STI PPP with some tasty mods IF i had the money in my hand i'd be getting the 04 just so i felt my money went on something decent.
CORSA NUT

13th Oct 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
It wasn't his mate it was him and now he is back tracking

I'm not even going to argue I wouldn't believe it either
CORSA NUT

13th Oct 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a nice one off Scoobynet...Guy is well known for being sound

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/private-for-sale-cars-352/851900-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-type-uk-2005-low-miles-2005-a.html

Is your budget more like 8-9K though??
Jambo

13th Oct 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's gorgeous
big eck

13th Oct 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which one did you go for then?

My mate would probably lower his price for the P1
Eck
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to top this thread for Gareth's stunning P1.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=578760

That will be a weapon!
Stu

17th Oct 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say drive both then decide, both very different cars. These days for me I like my comfort as well as pace so I reckon 5 years ago it would have been the Preza, these days it would be the M5.

M5 running costs will be more bearable if you find a good independent, they arent as bad as people make out! Most people commenting here haven't owned either!

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » E39 M5 vs wrx sti 23 database queries in 0.0148160 seconds