corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is there a way?????????????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is there a way?????????????
kenyon

User status: Offline
26th Mar 03 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

av just put the standard headunit back in! its all fitted and rerady to go but requires some kind of code! i havnt got this code and the stereo place wants £20 to put a new code into it! is there anyway that i can do it myself???

cheerz kenyon
Richie

26th Mar 03 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u have the users manual and everything that comes with the car? Its in there. Decoding does cost around £20.
kenyon

26th Mar 03 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont av the radio manual! the bastards took it out the car wit my alpine stereo when they robbed it! must of thought it was 4 the alpine 1! so there is no way of decoding???? i mean without havin to pay 4 it
Richie

26th Mar 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, decoding is done through a an onboard chip inside the radio to my knowledge. think its an EEPROM chip.
corb

26th Mar 03 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some vaux units will work if u put them in a freezer for a couple of days, then let them dry out properly, obviously.
Richie

26th Mar 03 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont suggest you do it though kenyon cos if you put it back in and it blows, you'll be left more out of pocket. Id just pay the £20 and get it decoded. Ill go rip apart my old one now and see if there is an eeprom chip.
jm960326

27th Mar 03 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vaux charge either £14 or £15 if i remember right when my folkes Astra one got coded!
toger13

27th Mar 03 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it is the origanal radio that came with the car mate then vauxhall will be able to get you the code think you need your reg and chassis number and they get it from vaux main site
kenyon

27th Mar 03 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice 1 toger
toger13

27th Mar 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you try vauxhall mate could they help?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is there a way????????????? 24 database queries in 0.0115459 seconds